My period is 2 months late but home pregnancy test keep coming back negative is it eptopic pregnanc

Beckha

Beckha 12/2/06 7:48 AM

My last period was on the 8th october 2006, I have had very mixed feelings about it because i don't know if i should be happy or not as i keep getting negative tests and now i'm concerned it could be an eptopic pregnancy. I have sent a urine test to hospital but they have lost it so i have to do a new one for monday but now i am seriously starting to worry. How could i find out what should i be looking for?
See the best voted reply
Guest

Guest 12/3/06 3:41 PM

Beckha wrote:

Beckha go to the emergency room right away, don't put yourself at risk. I had an ectopic pregnancy and ended up have emergency surgery (left tube burst and removed) on 9-06-06. This can be lethal, I took 3 home pregnancy tests of which all came back negative. I have two sons, so I felt pregnant (knew the feeling), but counted on the tests results, that being said I came close to death, b/c I wasn't aware that I was pregnant. Also with an ectopic pregnancy it takes longer to show positive test results. Better to be safe than sorry.
New Member

rubia_slj 12/4/06 12:26 PM

I am having a similar problem. I am over 1 month late and I have taken 2 home pregnancy tests, both of which didn't react at all. I thought the first one was just a bad test but after trying a second test, different brand, and it also not working I think there might be something else going on. Has this happened to anyone else? I am following the directions exactly.

I just think it is odd that both tests didn't work. I guess I will just try a third time and see what happens. Any other experiences like this?
New Member

shellyshellann 12/23/06 8:19 AM

Two months late, doc's urine test and my three home test negative. All the symptoms of pregnancy, including pains in tummy, my last period was Oct 10 or so and lasted for two days (not normal)...... i just dont know whats happening to me.
Guest

Guest 12/25/06 4:44 PM

1. It is not uncommon for many factors to affect your menses - Pregnancy is not the only reason for a missed period.
2. Home pregnancy tests have two problems. The first is that most are not as accurate as a hospital test. The second is that the user is not as educated as a medical technologist. When it says use the first specimen in the morning, many women do not do so. Later in the day, levels of pregnancy hormones are lower in your urine, so you may be getting a negative test for that reason. Also, failure to follow every step correctly can cause a false result.
3. When in doubt, see a doctor and get the blood pregnancy test, which is most accurate. There are two versions of these. The first is similar to your home test, but uses blood. The other detects even tinier amounts of the hormone HCG, and gives the doctor an actual number.
4. If you are having severe pain, by all means go to the emergency room if you cannot get in to your regular gynecologist or family doctor, but don't abuse the emergency room simply to get a blood test.
5. Finally, when in doubt, trust your physician. He knows the best test for you and how to read the signs of your body.
Guest

Guest 1/8/07 5:33 PM

I know it's scary to think something is wrong. I didn't have a positive pregnancy test until I was 6 weeks pregnant! My doctor explained that some woman top out at lower levels and the pregnancy tests don't detect it until your level rises. The level rises throughout your first trimester so mine didn't get high enough until I was that far along. It's a small percentage of woman who have levels this low but if I was one of them you could be too. Even a blood test from your doctor isn't much better because it's testing the same hormone. You should go to rule out an eptopic pregnancy just to be on the safe side but don't get yourself worked up. Good luck to you.
~Kelly
Guest

Guest 1/13/07 1:48 PM

Guest wrote:

~Kelly

i'm getting signs that i'm pregnant, yet two blood tests and two urine tests came out negative. i really wish i can know for sure, i cant wait. i'll give it ten more days
New Member

ciarayannin 1/16/07 1:50 PM

Beckha wrote:

my period is late too almost two months and took five pregancy test and they all came out negative. ive never had a child before. i went to hospital and theycant do anything cause the pregancy test came back negative what should do?
Guest

Guest 1/19/07 7:48 PM

I am also having the same problem. I had my period last on Nov. 5th, so I am over 2 months late for my period. I have never missed before and my cycle is usually pretty regular. My husband and I are trying to have a baby and are hoping that the tests are wrong. I have taking plenty of hpt and they all come back negative. I don't have all the symptoms of pregnancy but I do have things like afternoon nausea, tender breast, large bumps on the areola part of my breast, weird tightness in stomach ( just here recently), frequent headaches, and tiredness. I really don't know what to think. My husband is almost positive that I am pregnant but I just don't know since the hpt are saying negative. I do have a doctors appt. this tuesday for blood test, but I just wanted to know what everyone else thinks. Thanks alot!
Guest

Guest 1/31/07 3:17 AM

I am going through the same situation the last time I had my period was on the 20/11/2006.My home preganancy tests around 5 keep negative.
I have had a blood test and keep hoping that th e result is positive but Ihaven't had the courage to phone for my result.
I have all the symptoms such as tiredness,nausea,bloated stomach,fuller breast,etc...
New Member

xxlou07xx 3/12/07 7:54 AM

:-( i think i am pregnant but i am not sure. i was last on my period 3 months ago but i have not been sick or anything i dunno why i havnt come on this is weard please tell me why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Health Advisor

Indiana Gal 3/12/07 11:28 AM

xxlou07xx wrote:

:( i think i am pregnant but i am not sure. i was last on my period 3 months ago but i have not been sick or anything i dunno why i havnt come on this is weard please tell me why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Have you taken a home pregnancy test?? If not I would suggest taking one, if this is neg, I would go to see your ogyn and ask them cause your missed periods could be do to something else.....
Guest

Guest 10/2/07 7:39 PM

Will everyone please post what happened to them, i am getting half the story all the time, and i am scared,
Guest

Guest 10/19/07 10:23 AM

Guest wrote:

i am having the same paroblem i was a week late on my period and when i came on it was a proper period. i am never late. i was due on on the 4th of this month. took loads of home test all come back negative

i have been sick for three weeks sore breast and a bump
my parnter is postive i am preg as were are trying for a baby
Guest

Guest 12/26/07 7:42 PM

I had my last period on Nov.15 and i went to the doctor and took a pregnancy test it came of negative it is now Dec. 26 and still have not had my period, i do have the tightness of the stomach, nausea, tender breast all of the symptoms. My husband and I have been trying to have a baby as well so I am going to wait until the end of the month and get a blood test.
Reply as guest Start new topic
Saving