Shaving caused pubic pimples

New Hope

arehart 3/17/05 3:00 AM

Hi I'm 17 and about a month ago I started getting these weird looking pimples with white or yellow pus coming out of them. I tried squeezing few of them out but after all the pus was out they started hurting and bleeding badly. I noticed all this when I shaved of my pubic hair and not before. At first there were just a few of them close to my vagina on the right side but soon they started appearing in other areas of the pubic hair region and there were more and more of them every day. I shower 3 – 4 times daily and I try to stay clean, my boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years now. What could those pimples be, could it be that I got a STD?
See the best voted reply
New Hope

gerling 4/24/05 9:08 AM

Pimples in the pubic area are not an unusual thing to happen even with the best hygiene possible. There are many reasons for the appearance of pubic pimples anything from not being clean to allergic reactions either the underwear or some product youre using for bodily care. Since you say that you noticed them after you shaved your pubic hair it could be that shaving with a razor triggered the appearance of the pimples. It is probably because of the infection of the sebaceous glands in that area that are especially active and when something prevents them from secreting , like skin residues caused by shaving, then the pimples appear. First I think you should try to clean the area with clean water or medicine alcohol, medical soap will also do as will any other mild skin cleaning product you can find. Do it a few times and if the pimples don’t start disappearing within 3 – 4 days you should go to your doctor and ask him or her for advice because it might be indeed some kind of a sexually transmitted disease.
Guest

Guest 8/2/06 12:35 AM

i shave my pubic hair and i noticed i had one larger pimple that was really painful and deep, i pulled out the hair at the center of this large pimple and puss excreted from the pimple. (if thats what it is) i have never been sexually active and am afraid its some kind of tumor or disease
Guest

Guest 8/25/06 1:05 PM

hey im a 16 year old male and i have discoverd red bumps on my shaft and i wanted to know what can i do to clear it up
Guest

Guest 9/11/06 4:52 PM

no i dont thinkyou have a disease. i started getting them after shaving to. its pretty normal. maybe we've always had them but theyres just more noticable now that its all "bald"

anyways dont sweat it
Apprentice

jackie154062 9/26/06 2:47 AM

I've noticed somewhat to the same thing. I've had about 2 or 3 of these pimples that are red above my clitoris, but on the mons where the pubic hair is on both the right and left sides. But the thing is that I trim, I don't shave my pubic hair. And I have never accidently cut the skin. I've always had protected sex and my boyfriend is clean (he's in the Air Force, so they do those kinds of checks) Me being me, was curious and kinda infuriated with these "pimples" and had to pop them, no pus came out, only blood. I don't think it could be an STD because I've been dating my boyfriend now for 7 months and we always use protection even though I'm on the pill. Any ideas as to what it could be? I'm really nervous and scared.
Guest

Guest 10/1/06 5:05 AM

it's called razor burn infection
Guest

Guest 10/10/06 1:39 PM

Actually....its called ingrown hairs that come from shaving. Its hard to avoid but always use a fresh razor when shaving. Dull razors can make the matter much worse.
Guest

Guest 10/21/06 6:29 AM

dont listen to any of this nonsense! except for last post.
it is ingrown hairs, your pubes are curly so when they come out of the skin they curl back inwards and cause almost like a tiny infection that your white blood cells try to get rid of. the bump is cuased by white blood cells and if you leave them alone it should be fine. i have found an amazing potion that seems to help, its called: tend skin.
many black afro haired men get razor bumps on the face.
Guest

Guest 10/24/06 7:55 PM

Guest wrote:

You are pretty quick to assume that you are right, you are not a doctor. It is not ingrown hairs, it is not razor burn, it is not pimples, go see a doctor and don't listen to anyone on here. I have the same problem and it is none of the above.
Guest

Guest 11/5/06 10:10 AM

It might be a boil. Sounds alot like a boil to me.
Guest

Guest 12/2/06 4:02 PM

To the last post. How do you know it's not ingrown hairs? Are you a doctor?
New Member

randomgal 12/14/06 3:27 AM

I have been with the same guy for 2 years always use protection and am on the pill and he is clean and so am i i have never been with anyone else.This makes me pretty sure it is not an std but it worries me .Ihave a bump that just looks like a pretty big pimple.I think maybe it is an ingrown hair cause it kinda looks like it not to disagree with razor burn but i dont think razor burtn would have cause the thing i have.I usually get it after shaving though it is parculiar.Anyone have any new ideas on the subject??
Thanx
Guest

Guest 12/14/06 3:31 AM

have been with the same guy for 2 years always use protection and am on the pill and he is clean and so am i i have never been with anyone else.This makes me pretty sure it is not an std but it worries me .Ihave a bump that just looks like a pretty big pimple.I think maybe it is an ingrown hair cause it kinda looks like it not to disagree with razor burn but i dont think razor burtn would have cause the thing i have.I usually get it after shaving though it is parculiar.Anyone have any new ideas on the subject??
Thanx
Guest

Guest 1/4/07 6:42 PM

hi i am confused/worried. can some body help. i have multiple spots appering on my penis which when squeeze produce either a clear, white liquid and then blood slightly. i remeber having such spots before as i regularly shave the area. the spots dont hurt until squeezed then become sore. the trouble is i recently shaved with a new batch of blades which dont even feel sharp on the face but also around the same time, stupidly had unprotected sex. i have looked up photos of common warts/herpes however the the spots dont look at all like the ones i have. can anyone shed light on this for me please. obviously i need to see a doctor but would like to know if anyone as had the same.
Reply as guest Start new topic
Saving