White Discharge, Vaginal Odor, and small elevated white bump lower vagina

Sally

Sally 1/24/07 5:51 PM

i have an appoinment scheduled for "the works" next week at the Gyno, however I am curious about my symptoms. I had been in a monogomous relationship for over 6 years and recently split with my partner.

I had a new partner about 2 weeks before symptoms started, which are vaginal odor (heavy), white discharge (no cottage cheese appearance), and now a small (tiny) whiteish bump on the area of the lowest possible vaginal opening. (could be unrelated, im just paying more attention at this point)......

I have no itching or irritation. I have no insurance, so i will be self paying my exam. I want to request as many things as posible to ensure continued good health... can u comment on my symptoms and what I should be requesting at the Gyno office? I had a full std testing done 2 years ago, as well as HIV.
Regards
See the best voted reply
Guest

Guest 4/30/07 2:17 PM

Me too, same symptoms and I had a new partner after 6 years with previous boyfriend. Any findings?
Apprentice

Babylon_Angel 5/1/07 3:05 PM

The white discharge may be normal. normally the clue to if it's cottage cheesy, very watery and excessive, unpleasant smelling, or causing irritation, it's vaginitis, thrush or STD. Other changes in discharge can be because of changes in the vaginal environment, such as soaps, different sexual partner, more sugary foods eaten etc... lots of things can make you produce more or less of the white discharge, I think it's due, in part to excess puss cells in the lining, because something triggers a mild immune response, (so can happen if sex has been a bit vigorous) 'it's nothing to worry about. If it still changes to a clear, more mucose discharge around your period, that is also a clue that there is no infection.
On the white bumps, spots, i can help you there. This is most likely to be a Sebaceous cyst, which is caused by a blocked sebaceous gland (oil gland in the skin). They occur quite commonly in the vulva and appear as a small, hard lump which is generally painless. They are sometimes cause by waxing, or even bicycle riding, as hairs getting yanked out in that region have a tendency to start ingrowing. You don't need to treat it, unless it's uncomfortable. as it is like a pimple, if you use clean needle nosed tweezers behind the mass, and a clean needle to open the pore, you could get rid of the blockage. I must stress that you'll have to keep the area clean and dry until it heals, or it will get infected and sore and you don't want to be walking round like John Wayne. Gently exfoliating the area may be enough to get rid of these too.
Some people get lots of small bumps, some get a few big ones, its the larger ones that are likely ingrown hairs and puss.
It's worth seeing the gyny first though anyway, because it's also possible this is a vaginal wart, but they tend to be flesh coloured lumps, or have a cauliflower like appearance. hope all goes well.
Guest

Guest 10/13/09 6:58 PM

i have similar symptoms a week after sexual contact .. they look like cauliflower bumps and i have slight irritation.
are they warts or what exactly are they?
Guest

Guest 10/25/09 2:23 AM

if you have anything cauliflower type then that is genetal warts , my sister has it. & whoever said if you have cottage cheese type discharge quit telling people that's an std. when you have that kind of discharge it is a yeast infection. if you have hardly no symptoms but a fish like smell is a bacterial infection which u need to go to the doctor for.
Guest

Guest 8/28/10 6:08 PM

i dont have a wart type figure but i do have the odor and pus. the puss is clear. so, is there anything i can use that won't infect the area to get rid of it?
Guest

Guest 11/29/10 9:24 PM

I have similar symptoms only I had one or two little white looking bumps and now I have more..I haven't been to the gyno yet and have had frequent urination with pain or pressure which i do believe could be a UTI does anyone have anything to say for me? I have never had these white bumps before and I feel like i keep getting more of them I probably have 5 or so now.
keyprel

keyprel 2/27/12 9:31 PM

Babylon_Angel wrote:

hello i have a same problem but my symptoms started when i get pregnant and my partner have a different girls who sleep with and heaving sex i've notice after birth i have vaginal odor every morning when i woke up my panty is sweat with a odor and white discharge coming out then i go to my OB she said i take a medicine name HEFALEXSIN 500 and i try it almost a week i take it every Q4R/every 4 hour after that the odor is gone but when i stop using it the oder is comes back...what can i do in this kind of problem
T

T 3/14/12 10:01 PM

Hi everyone,
was just looking through posts to see if anyone else has discovered natural at home easy treatments for this but not luck...so i'll just mention what I currently do to help get rid of the discharge because ive noticed that no one else has mentioned it and it might help!
Get a small cup of water and add about 200ml of tea tree oil to it, stir then put a natural unbleached tampon in it, i usually use the mini ones as they swell up less, u only have to let it sit in tea tree solution for bout 20sec (anyone who has dunked a tampon in water will know how quick they absorb water), then give tampon a light squeeze and insert in into vagina- sometimes this can be tricky and i find sitting on a toilet or in the shower helps! I also recommend doing this only after you have showered too and always have clean hands! Leave tampon in for about 20 min to half hour, then remove, I usually have to do this every morning after a shower for about 3 days then symptoms start to clear up!
Also if its not clearing up I make the solution stronger by adding more tea tree, now if you are worried about doing this i suggest starting with a weak solution first then getting stronger as you feel more comfortable, I dont see how this could be bad for you unless you are allergic to tea tree oil but just incase be careful and check nothing strange is happening, if you feel stinging that is also a good thing and means the tea tree is fighting away water ever nasty thing is causing you problems so embrace it :)- hope this helps too!
MsE

MsE 6/27/12 10:29 AM

Most all clinicians will test you for trichmonasis, chlamydia, and gonorrea right off the bat. If you should be found to have one of these infections, most likely you will be treat ed for all three. As some of the these infections can be very "tricky".
morenita

morenita 11/10/12 9:57 PM

Hi, mmm, i have gotten my self checked about 3 months for std, and i got my results negetive, saing i was fine and had no problom, i also had not had sex at all, until yesturday night, and today when i,woke up i had bumps like pimples or orritation, arround my chin, i scrached it , and later y looked in the mirror, an had it alittle more to my neck, then i when to takea shower and i had bumps, on my topart where we have hairs, i had shaved it for that special, ocation ,,but after seing that, i got scared, i dont know what it is, do u think u can help me here, to know what it is???
Guest

Guest 3/15/13 5:59 AM

Sally, if you don't mind telling me can you please update me as to why you were have those symptoms?

Guest

Guest 3/15/13 6:01 AM

NO UPDATE

kikat

kikat 8/31/13 2:37 PM

I think i may have similar symptoms i'm slightly worried about my vagina, i came on my period last week and when i did i experienced extreme itching between my vagina and anus (i think its called the perineum) i had to scratch it and felt a small spot on my perineum. it was very sore to the touch especially if i got urine on it. it is still there and looks white like a wart similar to the kind you may find on the foot or fingers. Also i noticed before this that after sex if i wiped this area there was a tiny amount of blood but sex wasn't painful.. please help im only 21

Hopeless in Cleveland

Hopeless in Cleveland 10/25/13 3:29 PM

They wont ly think this is a sign of systemic candida that I believe (know) can be sexually transmitted. I also believe it causes cancer and a whole heap of problems and that Dr's won't acknowledge this because it keeps them in business, but you better believe that their families are on those gluten free diets and eat accordingly to help control this beast. Its expensive to keep up with that type of diet which I think is not a coincidence. Do your research on what to eat and good luck people I'm just praying that I don't pass this on to my child cause I'm pregnant :-( do the spit test it works and most likely you will have thrush on your tongue.
Reply as guest Start new topic
Saving