Table of Contents
It has a very important role in preventing several diseases such as cancer, heart disease, cardiovascular disease, Type 2 diabetes and obesity.
There are three major forms of exercises:
- Flexibility exercises - these includes several exercises made for improvement of muscles and joints range of motion.
- Aerobic exercises - exercises for the improvement of cardio vascular strength and endurance. Most common examples are simple walking on the air or running.
- Anaerobic exercises - group of exercises made for the increase of the short-term muscle strength. The most common form is definitely the weight lifting.
There are many other sub-types of exercising such as high-density exercise, high-intensity interval training, isometric exercise, resistance training and agility training.
Benefits of regular physical exercising
The fact is that regular physical activity provides enormous health benefits. It affects almost every part of human functioning, including both physical and psychological health.
Several studies have shown that regular physical activity:
- reduces the risk of heart disease -(13.5 million Americans have a coronary heart disease)
- helps lower high blood pressure and cholesterol (50 million people have high blood pressure)
- protects you from developing certain cancers
- helps prevent osteoporosis
- Alleviates symptoms of depression and anxiety and many more diseases.
- prevents symptoms of diabetes (8 million Americans have diabetes)
It also relieves symptoms of insomnia and prevents obesity. Although many people think that regular exercise makes a person tired, it is quite the opposite. Exercise can only increase the overall body energy and raise your threshold of pain. Another health benefit of the resistance training is the improved bone health.