For those people whom don’t drink alcoholic drinks, their choices tend to be soda, punch, ice tea, or water, while those who do drink alcoholic drinks get a large selection of fruity, icy, refreshing looking drinks to choose from. Here’s a little secret; you can serve those same tempting drinks and simply leave out the alcohol; in most places they are called “Virgin drinks” which indicates no alcohol is present in the drink.
I have chosen ten of the best non-alcoholic drinks that are easy to make and always a big hit at any party or gathering.
Crush ice in a blender until chunky or smooth
• Add unseeded watermelon
• Add sugar or honey
• Blend until it is at the consistency you prefer; either as a smoothie or chunky
For the visual effect, place a small slice of watermelon on the side of the glass.
Kids and adults alike really enjoy this drink because it is colorful and refreshing and very easy to make.
Virgin Screw Driver
• Ginger ale and orange juice
• Add ice and serve with a slice of orange on the side of the glass.
• You can also blend this into a smoothie or chucky drink.
This drink is both visually enticing as well as being refreshing and has nutritional value; kids will be begging for more so make a large batch.
Non-alcoholic Strawberry Daiquiri
In a blender mix
• Orange juice
• Lime juice
Add ice and blend to the consistency you desire; be it smooth or chucky.
Serve with a dash of whipped cream and a whole strawberry on top.
This is a very colorful and refreshing drink to serve at any summer gathering.
Virgin Cherry Fizzy
Mix or blend together:
• Cherry juice; either fresh or from concentrate
• Ginger ale
Add ice and mix or blend to consistency you desire.
Top with a dash of whipped cream and a fresh cherry.
This drink is sure to be the center of attention as it is brilliantly colorful as well as refreshing.
Fuzzyless Fuzzy Navel
Combine together or blend together:
• Peach nectar or fresh peaches
• Orange juice
• Pineapple juice
• A dash of lemon juice
• A dash of grenadine for taste
Mix together or blend to consistency you desire.
Top with a dash of whipped cream and a fresh wedge of peace.
Not everybody enjoys peaches so if you serve this drink, be sure to have an alternative drink for them to choose from.
Summertime Virgin Sangria
• Red cranberry juice
• Sugar or honey
• Apple juice
• Add ice and mix together or blend to consistency you prefer.
• Top with maraschino cherries
This colorful and refreshing drink is most suited for adults as it can be a bit tangy at times.
Non-alcohol Bloody Mary
• Tomato juice
• Tabasco sauce to suit your taste
• Celery salt to suit your taste
• Worcestershire sauce to suit your taste
• Ground black pepper
• Lemmon juice
Mix together and add to ice or serve cold.
Add a stalk of celery for garnish.
This summer time drink can be served at breakfast, lunch, or dinner but is often most enjoyed by adults because it has a bit of a spicy taste to it.
Orange and Banana Smoothie
Blend together, depending upon how many you are serving:
• One banana per serving
• One cup of orange juice per serving
• Dash of lemon juice
• Crushed ice
Blend until smooth.
Garnish with a dab of whipped cream with a slice of banana and orange on top.
This is a big hit with the kids as it is refreshing, colorful, and nutritious.
Misty Orange Slush
• Pour two cups of orange juice into ice cube trays and allow to freeze.
• Once frozen take half the cubes and place them in a blender with two cups of orange juice and a bit of lime juice.
• Pour the contents into a large pitcher and repeat the steps above with the other half of the frozen orange juice cubes.
• Add cold ginger ale to completed mixture and stir well.
• Add a slice of kiwi or a slice of orange as garnish and serve.
This drink is a tropical delight and is sure to be the hit of any party you are hosting; be it with adults and children.
• Peel an orange in one long strip, specifically in a spiral.
• Peel a lemon in one long strip, specifically in a spiral
• Fill a pitcher with ice
• Add one 28 ounce bottle of white grape juice
• Add 32 ounces of seltzer to the grape juice
• Add the juice from the lemon and the orange
• Add the spiral peelings from the orange and lemon
Mix well and pour into glasses.
Garnish with a wedge of lime.
This refreshing but often tangy drink is best suited for adults as children will not find it as sweet as other types of summer time drinks.
Summertime Drinks for All
There are many refreshing summertime drinks that can be served to adults and children alike. The more traditional summertime drinks, such as ice tea, lemon aid, soda, etc are always a quick and easy choice, but these specialty frozen, colorful, and enticing summertime drinks are always a delightful bonus when hosting an outdoor event.
Experiment with the ingredients to add your own twist to the recipes above or better yet, create your own, exclusive summertime drink to share with your family and friends. The great thing about many of these special drinks is that they are inexpensive and easy to make; most of what you need to prepare them are items you already have on hand. Make your summertime outings a special event by introducing one or more of these exotic and tasty drinks.