An analysis of numerous studies has shown that the most frequently prescribed diabetic drug, metformin, reduces a patients mortality risk due to heart disease by 30-40% as compared to its closest competitor drug, the sulphonylureas.
More interesting content
More interesting links
- Not Just A Virus: Signs And Symptoms Of Thyroid Problems
- Metformin In Muscle: Common Diabetes Medication Restores Diabetics' Ability To Burn Fat
- Recovery After Tonsillectomy
- The Statin Diabetes Conundrum: Short-term Gain, Long-term Risk, Or Inconvenient Truth?
- Sulfonylureas For Diabetes, Obsolete But Still Commonly Prescribed