hemroids and lifting weights

New Hope

segerstrom 2/15/06 1:00 AM

I have a big problem. I’ve got hemorrhoids over night. I was lifting weight like I do every Thursday in the gym. And suddenly there was the pain in my anus area. I couldn’t even seat properly. Only a day after burning and itching started. I bought some lotions for hemorrhoids same day, but it doesn’t help. I feel very bad. I need some help with this. How you guys deal with hemorrhoids? Is this because I was lifting weights?
See the best voted reply
New Hope

beno 3/15/06 9:51 PM

I doubt that lifting weight is the cause, but it could be a trigger. Have more patience; your hemorrhoids didn't appear over night, so the therapy will take a little longer too.
For your itching and burning feeling I recommend Butcher's broom. That is what my husband took. The herb is particularly effective for burning and itching, 100mg once daily it tightens the dilated blood vessels that form hemorrhoids. And Psyllium, is the main ingredient of dozens of over-the-counter bulk-forming laxatives, so use Psyllium seed powder as directed on label. However, I think you should avoid OTC laxatives that contain both cellulose and psyllium, since cellulose can cause itching.
Guest

Guest 7/12/06 11:41 PM

Beno, you are right-o about weightlifting as possible cause of a hemorrhoid. I have had two hemorrhoids in my life, one at age thirty when lifting a 200 pound copier up some stairs. I was straining with all my might to lift this heavy copier when wham, a sharp pain you know where and a hemorrhoid the next day. It went away in a few weeks. The other one at age 53 when catching 15 pound medicine ball on slant board for ad workout. This happened at the end of a very exhustive work out, 45 minutes step class and then 45 minutes free weights. During 4th set of 10 catches, and believe me I was straining every muscle in my body, bam, sharp pain. Next day, second hemorrhoid. Both times happened when pushing myself beyond normal weight bearing capacity and when in unusual positon. Regards,
New Member

edog 7/15/06 9:31 AM

i work out every day and have recently came down with hemroids this is the worst. people always joke about hemroids but after experiencing them they are horrible. I'm into my 5th day with them there is something sticking out almost the size of a pea. I'm also experiencing pain in my lower back. any idea on how long this sh*t lasts?

:-S
weekend with hemroids is hell
Guest

Guest 9/12/06 4:31 PM

how can you say that lifting can't cause hemmoroids.when you lift you strain. and many occurances have shown that hemroids are caused by strain. If you go to the doctor make sure he gives you pain medication, because when i got mine removed the doctor screwed me and it was the worst pain of my life
Guest

Guest 9/28/06 5:03 AM

the reason i stumbled over this post was that this happended to me last nigth..! i was doing a heavy leg press at the gym, then, pop!! glad to see i'm not the only one i guess. but is it true that a hemorrhoid will actually just disappear by all itself??
Guest

Guest 10/22/06 10:48 PM

It is extemely commen. I have had them from doing squats. Pushing and grunting will defenitly bring them on for some. Some people never have a problem. Avoid pushing while taking a $hit and drink lots of water.
Guest

Guest 12/21/06 4:41 PM

segerstrom wrote:

I (L) hemroids
Guest

Guest 2/16/07 8:46 PM

hey i know what ya all going through i never had a problem , but i joined a gym and been doing some lower body muscle building , the next thing i noticed was it was a little awkward on the excersise bike then later on that evening whilst trying to pass solids , it felt like , well i dont know i have never had so much pain , i went to see doctor and he told me i had hemorroids , gutted the pain was unbareable , untill he give me some medication.

my tip, dont do what i done and avoid eating so you dont have to go to the loo, eat plenty of fibre ,in your diet , cerials , salad etc, i found milk and coffee helped to keep me regular ( though they say dont have coffee ) i know if the pain keeps coming back im gonna get them removed somehow , i cnat build my life around these lil A holes.....
Guest

Guest 3/1/07 9:04 PM

I was lifting and was constipated on the toilet just after a wrestling practice and going to the gym, which i do almost every day and it was just BAM!!!! i felt a painful hemroid.... and now im probly just gonna start eating LOADS of fiber, the weird thing is im only just 15... i thought MUCH MUCH older peopl onlt got hemroids....
Guest

Guest 3/8/07 2:56 PM

Well I know what every one feels here!! I'm 25 years old have been lifting for 9 years and have had hemerrhoids for probably 5-7 years. I've had 2 surgeries and they seem to help for a shor period of time but actually this second time around it seems like it didn't do that much for me. I know it's cause I lift and if I was to stop I wouldn'have much of any hemerroid but it's a way of life for me.

Anyways I just had the second surgury 11 - 06 and they've been back for the past week. This is truely a pain in the ass!!! I've tried alot of creams, I eat very well and I don't strain much at the gym, nor do I strain any on the toilette. If someone could tell me of a medicine they think might work that would be great!!
Thanks!!
Guest

Guest 3/26/07 11:47 PM

Neighbor my wife or I have ever had hemorrhoids. We are both in our early thirties. About three weeks ago we bought a heavy piece of furniture and carried it up four flights of stairs. I didn't feel anything strange that night, but the next morning I had a pea sized hemorrhoid. And even stranger...my wife had one too. Mine is almost gone, hers is taking a little bit longer to go away. We both go to the gym three or four times a week. I think it was just that we were straining to get it up the steps and around bends at weird angles. The pain went away in about a week.
Guest

Guest 4/6/07 8:57 PM

Count me in as another casualty. Triggered by a change in diet due to a new job schedule combined with squats. I'm on my second week of having them and it's steadily healing up, still painful now and again though. I hate to say it, but I'm thinking of dropping squats despite how great an exercise they are. Simply isn't worth the pain/discomfort.
Guest

Guest 4/16/07 9:17 AM

A sure cure for most, being that most of you work out for some reason it messes with your vitamine B-6 level. When you have a outbreak pf the roids use a little ora-gel to numb the area and then take some b-6 it really works. Hope this helps you all as much as it did me.
Guest

Guest 4/20/07 9:49 PM

well turning 50 i had alot of changes and hem-roilds started too..BUT I NOTICE ONLY WHEN I STARTSD TAKING LESCOL FOR MY HIGH CHOLES TROL,,,,SO I THINK THATS WHAT WHAT STARTED THE GRAPE veine>>.TONYT
Reply as guest Start new topic

Recommended For You

Saving