how many days to detect pregnancy

New Member

Lala 6/25/06 8:37 PM

I am trying to become pregnant, so I was just wondering how many days after sexual intercourse can i detect pregnancy? I am going to see my doctor on Wensday for Pap test and my last sexual intercourse was on Friday. Do you think my doctor will be able to tell me more just 5 days after intercourse?
See the best voted reply
Guest

Guest 6/26/06 10:50 AM

i am too curious to know since its 5 days for me after intercourse , when i know i am pregnant . Anybody please help me
Guest

Guest 6/26/06 4:21 PM

i too curious to know about this . Please somebody help us
Health Elite

Icebreaker 6/26/06 8:57 PM

Hi everyone. You can start pregnancy testing with an EARLY urine pregnancy test, about 14-15 days AFTER sexual intercourse.

_________________

I am a pro choice non judgemental healthcare worker, you can ask or tell me anything, and I won't answer with anyhting but open honest truth..As best as I can
Lala

Lala 6/26/06 9:04 PM

I will do blood test on Wend and we will see :-) I cant wait!

Thanks everyone and i hope your results are just the way you want it ;-)
Guest

Guest 6/27/06 3:03 AM

It doesn't go by when you had intercourse, but when you ovulated. You can have intercourse, and ovulate a few days later and fall pregnant. for example, you say you had intercourse on Friday, you may not of ovulated until Sunday. So in that case you would be only 1 days past ovulation.

Generally implantation, which is when you become pregnant, occurs between 6-12 days after you ovulate.

You can find out at 10 days past ovulation at the very earliest, but out of say 10 pregnant women, only 1 or 2 would have HCG levels high enough to register on a home pregnancy test. Blood tests can usually pick it up that early, provided that implantation has occured.

So, I would say that Wednesday would more than likely be too early. It would be unlikely that if conception has occured that the baby would have had enough time to implant.
Guest

Guest 4/17/07 1:00 PM

Lala wrote:

Guest

Guest 4/4/09 10:00 AM

within 3 or 5 days after intercourse, u will not come to know if you are pregnant or not. for better results, you have to wait until your period date. if your periods are regular , then you can take a urine test or the ready made tester available in market just after 2 0r 3 days after missed period. but if you have irregular periods, then you have to wait for 10 or 15 days after missed periods. in between also you may get a positive result, but cant be assured of pregnancy. sometimes the hcg hormone will be produced in a small qunatity, even if we are not pregnant, so test wont give correct results, if not done in the proper time as mentioned above. And while testing better to take the morning urine sample to get accurate result.

All the Best,
Thanks...
Guest

Guest 4/28/09 10:57 AM

its difficult to know after intercourse
Guest

Guest 6/8/10 11:26 AM

Guest wrote:

Is it possible for a blood test to detect a pregnancy 3 days after intercourse?

Guest

Guest 7/16/10 1:07 PM

Anonymous wrote:

Guest wrote:

New Member

19091991 7/16/10 7:27 PM

hey me an my boyfriend had sex tuesday early hour of the morning so about 5.00am or so on tuesday afternoon i went to the chemist an got the morning after pill on thursday early hours of the morning say about 1.00am we had unprotected sex again but its now saturday the 17 of july an i havent tacken any sort of pill after that :-( could there be any sort of chance i am pregnant i havent had any morning sickness or anything at the moment but i am really stressing how how many days would i know if im pregnant going to the docs this monday 19 of july to get the injection to stop me from falling pregnant:-) ..
please let me no asap im really stressing?????
thanks
xx
Contributor

TM1 7/17/10 11:53 AM

WOW Its very hard waiting to find out especially if you want a child I feel for you all. I believe the earliest time to find out would be edleast 5 days before your period is to arrive and even then the percent of the hpt's can be difficult, the best way is to wait for your next period to arrive if not then take a hpt. Good luck to you all.
Guest

Guest 5/22/11 11:47 AM

i am not interest to get pregnancy so how can i confirm now i am got it are not?

karma dolma

karma dolma 8/28/12 1:49 AM

Lala wrote:

i need this reply
Reply as guest Start new topic
Saving