SteadyHealth Community - Registration Agreement Terms
SteadyHealth.com Discussion Board User Terms of Service
Participation in the SteadyHealth.com website constitutes agreement to the following Terms of Service, which applies to posts, profile information, avatars, signatures, any other content on this site and participation in general.
Because of the live nature of the discussions on this community, it is not possible for us to review and/or confirm the accuracy or validity of a message before it is posted. If you believe that someone has violated these Terms of Service or you have spotted content that may otherwise require attention, please use the "Report Abuse" link within each post. After submitting your report, we will be notified and will take proper actions.
Alternatively, you can contact our moderators via email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to the content and a brief description of what you believe is wrong. Notification is voluntary and anonymous, but in no case should a user respond to a situation personally, thereby aggravating the situation further. Responding to a violation in an inflammatory manner is a violation in itself and will result in appropriate action.
SteadyHealth is not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and any content or personal information submitted by children under 13 years of age is the ground for immediate account suspension.
This website attempts to generate revenue through avenues that we deem appropriate. SteadyHealth is not affiliated with any medical or drug organization. Therefore the mainstream information presented on SteadyHealth.com is unbiased. Any content that violates these Terms of Service will be removed. Interpretation of our Terms of Service is at the discretion of the staff.
1. Cross-posting is not allowed and will result in the removal of one or more posts.
Cross-posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more locations. When posting your topic, please try to post it in the most appropriate place within the organizational structure of our community. Identical topics posted in the same or different discussion boards will be removed.
Use specific words in your topic titles, not generalized terms. Try to write descriptive and relevant titles of your topics. This will help you to get most accurate answers and fastest responses by other community members. In counterpart, your topic may not be published or will be edited by moderator.
No SHOUTING. Don’t use ALL CAPS case when posting. It is difficult to read and annoying.
2. While member post count has meaning, it should not be taken too seriously.
Attempts to artificially increase your post count are prohibited. This includes the mass creation of short or meaningless posts. It is also prohibited to post short, meaningless posts in order to "bump" your original post so you would force the response to your questions.
3. Advertisements are not allowed.
Generally speaking, posts made specifically for the promotion of a website, product or service are considered advertising or, at least, posts made that unnecessarily send people to a website that you are in some way affiliated with. It does not matter if it is a commercial website, a personal website, a nonprofit website, etc. We do authorize and/or sell advertisements on a case-by-case basis. If you are interested in utilizing this option, please contact us via email at email@example.com including subject line ADVERTISING REQUEST.
All signature links must be kept in your signature in your profile. Anyone found to be posting excessive links to their websites or suspected of using "sneaky" advertising methods is in violation of this guideline. You may only post a link to your site that you are in some way affiliated with if the link specifically answers the question that is being asked and the answer cannot be simply posted without the link. Even then, link directly to the page where the information can be found. General and unnecessary links will be tagged as advertising or spam.
If you are found to be excessively posting links to your site (or you appear to be seeking out threads where your link may be relevant, so that you can post it), you may lose the ability to post links to your site.
Commercial solicitation through the Private Message function by users is strictly forbidden and constitutes grounds to have your account revoked. We have the ability to read Private Messages, but only do so when a violation is reported to us or we have a legitimate reason. Although rare, it does happen.
4. You are not allowed to post an affiliate URL that leads to you earning cash, banner impressions, credits, points, etc.
Such links are only allowed in signatures and profiles, but may not be referred to in posts.
5. Do not post personal, real-life information such as email address, home addresses and home phone numbers.
Do not impersonate other individuals or falsely represent yourself. Do not use your email as username or put it in your posts, because you’re an open target for spammers who could easily filter your email address and add you to spam lists.
This discussion board is public and all information posted will be public and available on search engines. If you want to stay anonymous, please do not put your real name for username. Use a synonym or a nickname just to be recognizable between discussion board members.
If you want to contact other community member, instead of posting your email address, you should rather use private messages. However, you need to have at least 1 post before being able to use private messaging system.
6. As this is an English-speaking community, we require that posted content be in the English language, so that it can be well received and properly monitored.
7. Vulgar language and inappropriate material is not allowed and will be removed.
No posting of links, pictures, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy or any other offensive content which is prohibited by any law. Don't use cr3ative spell1ng to get around the word censor filters.
We try to maintain a family friendly atmosphere whenever it is possible within the main subject matter of this community. Please keep this in mind when participating.
8. When you provide health/medical information that it is not your personal experience and when you are linking to outside websites, you must ensure that the content of the link is appropriate for our community, in line with the guidelines laid out here.
This includes mentioning or referencing a site. You are allowed to use general information from reliable online sources such as Wikipedia or some other trustworthy website in your posts as long as you keep in mind that it is important not to directly quote content from other copyrighted web sites which could produce copyright infringement of the source author, especially if you do so without leaving a reference site link.
9. Do not post copyrighted materials (articles, videos, audio, etc.) that you do not have permission to reproduce or distribute.
Posting the entire article, even with the source, constitutes copyright infringement and violates violate Federal, State, or Local laws. This is not the place to illegally trade or distribute copyrighted (or those with questionable copyright status) video or audio clips.
10. Posts that discuss illegal activities, transactions, or websites such as warez, cracks, etc. will be removed.
This includes the posting of information that you have obtained illegally. Linking to locations that deal with any such activity is also forbidden.
11. Political and religious discussions are not allowed on this website.
If it is believed that the end result of a discussion will be political or religious, the post may be removed. Likewise, strong political and religious sentiments should be kept out of profiles, signatures, and other content.
12. SteadyHealth Platform users and moderators must behave at all times with respect and honesty.
SteadyHealth Platform users and moderators must behave at all times with respect and honesty. SteadyHealth Platform users must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge. You must respect your fellow members. Please refrain from inflammatory and defamatory comments as well as flaming, taunting, and general disrespect. Do not simply put down the opinion or advice given by others. If you don't agree with it, say why -respectfully. Don't just tell them they're wrong. Do not make uninvited remarks about typos, duplicate posts, posting styles, etc.
When an opinion-based discussion is being had, do not state things like "there is no argument" as if your opinion is the only one or the only one that matters. When someone has clearly stated their opinion, do not say things like "Are you serious?" and "Are you kidding me?" Remember, this is not a debate club. This is a friendly discussion community. Allow people to have their opinion. No one is to act as some sort of opinion judge, responding to each one to say whether they agree with it or not or whether or not it is a valid, well thought out opinion. We do not allow threads to be started to discuss who or what is the most overrated, who or what is your least favorite, etc.
Respect both discussion board moderators and administrators. It is a thankless job that we do, and cleaning up other people's mess is never fun.
13. Signatures are limited to 255 characters of text.
No images. It is recommended that you stick with readable fonts and colors and that the size is not too large.
After you achieve "global member" rank (50 posts) you may mention websites that you are in some way related to, as long as they are otherwise appropriate for this community. Focus on things that you like, not things that you don't.
14. Each user is allowed to create one account.
You must have a valid e-mail account in your profile so you can be reached by a discussion board moderator or administrator. Posting under secondary usernames or alias user names other than your main account is grounds for having your posting privileges revoked.
If you would like to change your username, please contact us and, most likely, we can do it for you while you can keep all of your profile data, posts, and other content.
15. Automated account creation, participation, and content scraping are not permitted.
16. We know that people will have to leave our community (of their own free will or otherwise) from time to time and to that end, we do not delete accounts, posts, or other content posted on our community.
All content is granted to us with perpetual electronic publishing rights because any content posted on this community becomes a part of the community, even if you no longer are. You may request an item to be removed at any time, but we will decide when and if to remove content from our community. If you wish to no longer be identified with our community, we will be glad to close your account and alter your profile information to remove all identifying characteristics. After account closure, you will no longer be able to participate in this community and this action is not reversible.
You can edit your own post (for only a limited time after it was made) by clicking the edit button for the relevant post. If someone has already replied to the post, you will find a small piece of text output below the post lists the number of time post was edited at. When moderators edit the post they should leave a message saying what they altered and why. Please note that regular users cannot delete posts.
17. Moderators are volunteers and have the final say on anything.
Moderators are not medical professionals. Moderators are volunteers and are not affiliated with any medical or drug organization. If you have a problem, you may make a complaint to them directly and not publicly on the website.
Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures, is not permitted. We are not perfect and if you feel that we have made a mistake, please privately contact a staff member and we will review the situation.
18. Whenever you are participating in this community, please keep in mind that we strive to create a fun, friendly and inviting atmosphere.
So, please have fun and enjoy the discussion boards!
19. SteadyHealth.com is not a replacement for professional medical opinion, examination, diagnosis or treatment.
SteadyHealth.com is a health related community available for everyone to share their own experience, ask health related questions and help others with personal advices. SteadyHealth.com is not a replacement for professional medical opinion, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Please seek first the advice of your medical doctor or other qualified health professional before starting any new treatment or making any changes to existing treatments. Do not delay seeking or disregard medical advice based on information written by any author on this site. See our Legal Disclaimer at the end of this page for more details.
The messages posted in on this discussion board are not checked for medical accuracy. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. While the moderators of this discussion board will attempt to edit or remove any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message.
Considering the real-time nature of this discussion board, it is impossible for us to review all the messages or confirm the validity of information posted. There is tremendous diversity in age, race, gender, language, location (worldwide) and more and there will be a lot of varying opinions on different subjects. Therefore please respect everyone's opinion.
Exception to this is violate, hateful, racialist, pornographic or other kind of abusing content. You are encouraged to use the "Report Abuse" link within each post if you spot this type of abusive content. After submitting your report, we will be notified and will take proper actions. Alternatively, you can report abuse directly to moderators by contacting us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. Editorial review process
Explanation of editorial review process:
- Editor in chief chooses topic depending on news, recent studies and/or current popular health topics
- Authors with expertise are given topics and/or headlines which eventually include short drafts
- Authors send editor in chief broadened drafts and sources they are going to include
- Editor in chief approves broadened drafts. In case broadened drafts don't meet standards, editor in chief denies them with explanation and demands corrections
- Author writes an article and send to editor in chief
- Editor in chief reviews and revises the article and publishes it
- Editor in chief is Kate Jackson, MD.
SteadyHealth.com provides information about registered health care providers who are members in good standing of the medical staffs of reputable hospitals & clinics in the United States. The health providers in this database have completed a credentialing process by adequate governmental health institutes.
SteadyHealth.com does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of this information, and assumes no responsibility for how this information is used and interpreted. Due to frequent changes in insurance coverage, we do not offer information about provider's participation with a specific healthcare plan and we recommend checking with your health plan regarding eligibility for services.
21. When can you get banned?
Freedom of speech rights do not extend to privately owned websites, such as this one. These Terms of Service detail the types of behavior and activities that are allowed here.
If a user violates our Terms of service and shows a repeated disregard for them, our staff and our community, they run the risk of losing their account. We reserve the right to deactivate any user account and to edit or remove any content without warning. These Terms of Service are subject to change at any time without notice.
You can get banned, if you are:
- Ignoring moderator's warnings for SteadyHealth Terms of Service violation and if you continue to violate terms and conditions of this website;
- Trying to use Private Message function for solicitation;
- Posting excessive, spamming, links and are using sneaky advertizing tools to promote your products or services;
- Posting personal, real-life information such as home addresses and home phone numbers;
- Posting vulgar language and inappropriate materials;
- Posting copyrighted materials;
- Discussing illegal activities, transactions, or websites;
- Not respecting your fellow members and SteadyHealth staff, and not refraining from inflammatory and defamatory comments as well as flaming, taunting, and general disrespect;
- If you are using more than one account or if you are using automated account creation, participation, and content scraping.
If you violate any of the rules mentioned above, you will receive a notification from moderator who will explain violation of TOS and warn you that such activity, if continued will lead to account suspension (banning). The post that the moderator deems as violating will eventually be edited with explanation inserted in discussion board post, or deleted. If you think you post was edited or deleted without justified reason, please use our contact form and we will review the situation.
22. Inactive users and account removal
SteadyHealth user accounts can be subject to termination after a determined period of inactivity, at which point they are removed from the SteadyHealth database for technical reasons. Your account may be subject to removal under the following circumstances.
- Deleted users – User accounts deleted can be deleted by users themselves or by SteadyHealth staff as a result of Terms of Service violations.
- Accounts disabled for more than 30 days – All user accounts subject to a disabled status for 30 days or longer are subject to removal. This refers to accounts with banned, anonymized or statuses affecting accounts that were not enabled or activated
- Failure to activate within 15 days following registration – All new user accounts which are not activated within 15 days of registration will be automatically terminated. In order to become a SteadyHealth member, you should activate your account as soon as possible after registering on the site.
- Failure to log in or post within 60 days after registration – Users who register and don't log in during the next 60 days, are subject to account termination. Their accounts will be removed from the system, but their content will remain in an anonymized form.
- New members' failure to log in for 90 days – New members who stay away from SteadyHealth for 3 months will have their accounts terminated and their content anonymized. This rule applies to all members with less than 20 posts! Users with more than 20 posts are considered to be “eternal” community members who can come back at any time.
Note: Emails you receive from us such as notifications, reminders or warnings cannot be considered as "unsolicited spam" because your signing up to an SteadyHealth account automatically includes your agreeing to being part of our email notification service.
You have the opportunity to unsubscribe from notifications or newsletter at any time. You remain in control on what you will be notified and how often and all these settings can be changed only by you, by logging in to SteadyHealth.com and editing your profile.
Do you have a question about our Terms of Service or anything else? Do you have a suggestion? Do you want to offer some feedback? Or are you experiencing some trouble with the site? Well, no matter what it is, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be glad to help in any way that we can.
Thank you for visiting SteadyHealth.com!
SteadyHealth.com does not monitor the contents of posted messages in real-time and is not responsible for any messages posted. The SteadyHealth.com does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and is not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of the SteadyHealth.com or any entity associated with the SteadyHealth.com. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. The SteadyHealth.com has the ability to remove objectionable messages and will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if determined that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
SteadyHealth.com reserves the right not to publish posts or topics posted by GUESTS (non-registered users) and also to change or readjust GUEST posts in case they violate this discussion board agreement.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this Discussion discussion board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violate of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you.
Although this Discussion discussion board does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at the SteadyHealth.com reserve the right to edit or delete any message, title or account. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the SteadyHealth.com and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
We at SteadyHealth.com discussion board also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
A valid email address is required for registration so that your password can be sent to you personally. This has been done to prevent and safeguard the SteadyHealth.com discussion boards from random attacks and people looking to cause problems and spam these discussion boards. The SteadyHealth.com will NOT sell or distribute your email address to any third parties. The option to have your email address visible in your posts on these discussion boards is controlled and determined by settings in your profile which you control.
Last updated on June, 17th 2015