I am 15, 68' and 112 pounds.  I was wondering what the average weight for a fifteen year old with my height would be because my doctor said i was close to being underweight but i have a bunch of friends who weigh less than me with similar heights and none of their doctors have said anything about being underweight.

So your height is 68 in? Which is like 5' 7"?

If this is your height then according to your Body Mass Index (BMI) you are actually underweight and your doctor is right.

You  have a BMI of 17.5 and any BMI thats less of 18.5 is considered underweight. Normal range is 18.5 - 24.9.

So on your height if you want to be on the bottom border of 18.5 you need to have 118 pounds. And if you want to be in the middle of normal range like 22 then you need to increase your weight to 140 pounds.

You should not look how your friends look, instead they should be look up to you. I would gain some weight if i were you.

On the other hand. I'm 25, male and i actually do not like girls that are to skinny. But that's just me.

Hope this helps.

Your doctor is right that you are under weight to the extent of your BMI but i am on 5 foot 3 inches and i weigh like 115lbs but i am told i am under weight, i eat normally and all my blood tests come back normal. being under weight isnt generally a problem, but it could mean you have a high metabolism or hyperthyroidism in which case that could be the cause of being under weight. I however eat 5 meals a day and snack, meaning in a typical day i eat a minimum of 3,500 calories and up to almost 5,000 but i am still tiny and under weight, i exercise regulary though and eat healthy. Inless it becomes a problem with blood test and nutrient level i wouldn't worry, i would however at your next doctor visit have them check your thyroid levels.