Im 15 years old, female, 5'2, 160-170 lbs. Obviously you see my problem of being short and overweight. I dont want to be one of those girls who wants to be very skinny in a short amount of time. I would prefer to be fit. Despite my ridiculous weight, I do have to say I have a lot of muscle. I realize that some of my weight could be from that muscle, however, I also realize that I am not living a healthy lifestyle. It is very important to me that I do this while being healthy. Please do not recommend any types of weight loss programs. My friend lost 50lbs through Jenny Craig, which is incredible but thats not what I want. I know she doesnt exercise so when she finally loses those last couple of pounds its not exactly all going to be tight. I am willing to exercise and change my eating habits, I just need to know how to start and how to keep up the progress. Some things I am looking for is: 

1. Are there any daily foods I should have? 
  2. What are some things I can have for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?
  3. If I am progressive with exercise and food, how long will it take to lose 30-45lbs?
  4. Recommendations on exercises?
  5. Recommendations in vitamins and or protein powders?
  6. Recommendations on anything really?

I can be very determined and hardworking when it comes to something I want, so please, if you have any advice on eating habits or anything really please tell. I really want to be healthy and I really want to be comfortable in my body and I want to do this the right way.

Stay away from sugar, gluten and dairy. Consume plenty of fruits and vegetables, and drink plenty of water. Try not to eat meat every day, instead every other day or every 2 days. Go for long walks every day, lift weights, and do yoga. Do not eat after 8pm.

When it comes to losing weight, apples are your new best friend. They're cheap, healthy, low in calories, and satisfy sweet-cravings. Have an apple whenever you need a quick snack. I eat up to 4 a day.

If you work hard, you can lose 40 pounds in 2 to 3 months.

I was in the same spot as you a few years ago. Now, I'm turning 18 and have dropped down to 130 lbs. I once weighed 155 or so. I have been in Tae Kwon Do since I was a little girl, so that's a good idea to help. It combines cardio, muscle strength, everything! Every muscle in your body gets worked constantly. It really is a great feeling. Plus, the kicking is pretty easy once you get the technique down if you've got a lot of muscle (because it takes a lot of strength to hold the stances!). The main thing that helped me lose weight, though, was weightlifting. I kid you not, it does wonders for the body. It not only helps you burn fat, but build more muscle so you have some awesome definition. Plus, the more muscle you have the more fat you burn, since muscle eats away at fat to gain energy. I used to always have pudge on my belly, and now I am actually getting a six pack (but not the creepy looking kind). Weightlifting doesn't make girls get overly bulked, it just gives definition. I suggest starting a light routine at first. Work a different group of muscles every day of the work week ( mine is as follows: Monday - Chest, Tuesday - Legs and Butt, Wednesday - Back and Arms, Thursday - Biceps and Triceps, Friday - Combo Day! *Legs and Arms* ). Make sure you stay dedicated to the routine, and don't skip out on any exercises! It does make a difference and you'll feel it if you don't give it your all. Use a whey protein powder. Good brands are EAS and Pure Protein for beginners, AMP for when your workout is more advanced. Stay hydrated, and make sure you give your body time to rest on the weekends! Also, cut out the sugary snacks and drinks (I stopped drinking soda), and eat more lean protein like fish. Weightlifting is a great way to drop weight and gain definition, especially if you HATE running with a passion... like me :) 

Thank you so much. Im going to make a schedule today. I think this is really going to help me. Do you have any motivation advice? Again, thank you!

Thank you! Ive never heard the thing about the apples, I think that is going to be really useful to me. Would you recommend making a food schedule?

What I found always motivated me was to think of not only the goal you want to reach, but how much stronger the journey is going to make you! Also, pick out some good music and create playlists that you rotate, one for each day, to keep you pumped. I also found that having a "lifting buddy" to workout with you keeps your mind off the pain and how hard it can be. It makes the journey a lot more fun and the time flies by! Sometimes, even writing a motivational quote on a sticky note and putting it somewhere you'll be sure to notice it every morning can help some people. Just make sure to not get TOO motivated to where you're obsessive. I've gone down that path, it's no good. Once you get obsessive, you gain more than you lose in all honesty (due to stupid and excessive methods such as starving; the weight comes off but then you gain all of it and more back). Don't weigh yourself everyday. Pick one day to weigh, and ONLY WEIGH IN THE MORNING BEFORE YOU HAVE EATEN OR HAD ANYTHING TO DRINK. Otherwise, it's not accurate.