Finally at the 2 week mark. I changed from Tylenol for Advil. Advil seems to work with the throbbing down there a LOT better than tylenol. I was able to drive my daughter to school today! I am doing most of my daily home activities and getting everything myself. Trying to get back to normal life after 2 weeks of being in the house.

My main issue is constantly going to the bathroom after each meal. I am not sure if I was supposed to or allowed but I took an anti- diarrhea medication last night to give me a break. I feel a lot better this morning from just being able to rest.

I am sooo much better than last week. I would recommend the surgery to anyone that cant deal with the flare ups. My dr told me he "burned" them off (so not the staple one).

I'm glad to hear that Advil is working better for you. I'm sure that you were going a little stir crazy being at home for two weeks so it's nice to hear that you're more mobile. And the anti-diarrhea medication must be helping out as it sounds like you got some pretty good sleep. I'm glad to hear that your recovery is going so well!

Keep telling us how it's going. I am enjoying your posts.

Ocean... Its going on my 3rd day without a BM and I take those stool softners and drink water and drank my Citrucel this morning.. what were you taking to help you go so much? I sure don't want to get constipated for 10 days again and get that impaction back... I take Colace... 2 in the morning and 1 in the late afternoon... I mean I pass gas but no BM yet... I ate some raisin bran, maybe that will kick in later today? Just wondering what you were taking to help you go so much... I'm glad you are feeling better though... Wish I would! And you'd be proud of me, no percocets so far today.. Last time was late last night and its now noon... I wonder if taking motrin would help? I don't take advil ever, so did not know if motrin would be safe? Keep me updated... :-D

Ok, I just had a BM, so now I'm in severe pain, so I do have to take my percocet afterall.. but I'm still doing better... I'm proud of me for going so long without taken them.... Take care of you!!!!

I slowly went off pain meds...meaning if you think you are going to have a BM take one! That is what they are for but at the same time you dont want to get addicted to that junk. You sound to be a few days behind me. I went through that too...I took one or two a day just so I can relax. Did you try the advil yet? Since it is more of a muscle relaxer it helped me greatly and it didnt make we woozy like the pain meds did.

Glad you got some rest...Enjoy the kids being home..and make them help for another week... :-) XD

Ok, its like one step forward, two steps back for me at this point. Today is exactly 3 weeks since my surgery and yesterday and today I had very very painful hard stools. I have been doing everything I'm supposed to be doing. I drink lots of water, do my stool softners, drink my fiber drinks, eat higher fiber diet and I just had a bad 2 days. I just now had another BM and it was actually getting softer, thank goodness for that. I went from 12 strong percocets a day and today, I just took my 4th one, so I am so happy I'm slowly getting off of it.. I know it constipates but after these extremely hard BM's, I'm in a lot of pain! My stomach just feels upset, I just took my phenergan to help and it usually does help me... So I'm working on healing but just very slowly... The doctor wanted to see me 2 weeks post op and they could not get me in until almost 4 weeks post op.. I still have not seen him.... Even after my large impactions and passing all of these horrible stools... I just hope I did not rupture anything passing all these hard stools... I did have a large internal roid cut out and along with my external which were cut out. I just don't feel like I'm healing as quickly as I should be. I guess I will find out next week when I finally see the doctor..... So again, thank you for responding back to me... I just can't really sit down much to type on the computer, so I have not checked in lately. I still have to lay on my side most of the time. I'm so glad to hear you are healing well though... I'll keep you posted! Keep me updated as well.... Take care..

This is what I am experiencing right now - fright, scared, nausea, horrified, etc. I go to the doctor today to see if I have to have this surgery. It is as bad as I have been reading, right?

Hi guest... Certainly none of us here are trying to scare or discourage anyone from having a hemorrhoidectomy! We are just being honest about how our experiences were after our surgeries... All of your recovery process depends on your age, what type of hemorrhoids you have and what type of surgery your doctor decides to perform and of course your overall health. This is a surgery that should not be taken lightly... and you should be aware that you will not completely heal in just a 2 week period. This recovery takes awhile to heal, so you should allow your body at least a few weeks to recover.... Hopefully if you do decide to have this surgery, you will have some help because I'm 3 weeks post op and I still have my husband helping me out alot! But again, it depends on which method your doctor chooses to perform... Its a very painful recovery process for some of us and others heal quickly. So just really think about this decision and if its absolutely necessary. Again good luck to you and keep us all updated!