Hi there, I am new to this website and I find it very helpful.... I hope someone can relate or answer my question? I am 2 weeks post op of a hemorrhoidectomy of internal and external hemorrhoids I had. I was constipated for 10 days! Yes 10 days! It was so horrific, worse than giving birth to my 3 children. I had large impactions.. I am having BM's every other day now from a higher fiber diet and reducing my pain meds. but my stomach still feels distended and swollen and some pressure along with the pain I'm still having in my rectum. I was just wondering if this was normal and if anyone has ever experienced this? Thank you for all your help!!! Just worried and concerend... I've lost about 8-10 pounds but I had to clean my system out for a colonoscopy the day before my surgery which was like human torture (I was awake and was in extreme pain) and then on the 10th day post op again due to the constipation but my tummy looks like I'm 3 months preggo.... Help! Anyone!!!

I'm sorry to hear that your bowel movements are going so badly and it seems to me that there might be something a little off about what's going on with your recovery. I think it might be a good idea to talk to your doctor about it to make sure that you are doing okay. Everything else sounds like a pretty normal recovery.

Hi there... I accidently posted this twice... I have contacted the doctor and I had to do a prep just like I did before my colonoscopy.... No fun at all, especially doing this after a hemorrhoidectomy! Terrible! Awful! Horrific! A living nightmare! I passed very large impactions, almost as big as a baseball... thought I was going to die... I don't know how I ever did this at home without being in the hospital... I've had 3 kids and it was more painful than childbirth alone. With a lot of praying and changing my diet, things are looking up for me..... Although my healing process is probably a lot slower than someone else who did not have this problem, I feel like things are looking up everyday... I'm still in pain and can't really sit... Today is post op day 16 and I went outside for the first time and the fresh air and sunshine is wonderful... I do pray for everyone who has to ever go through this surgery..... Most painful thing I've ever experienced... thank you so much for your concern..... :-D

I am 2 weeks out too. Once I stopped the pain meds and switched to Advil it was a lot easier to go plus I took one stool softener every day from day one. (I recently stopped that because I was going too much). I am back to a regular diet but when I had trouble a few days ago I drank a lot of water and it seemed to help. Try the stool softener and lots of water. If that doesnt work ask your dr if you can do a Fleet to get relief for your stomach.

I have trouble sitting too now..but it is bearable.
Like you, I went outside today..every day is a little bit better...

I forgot to say that the dr also had me do glycerin suppositories to help me go the first few days..maybe that will help? Stool softener and the glycerin supp are both over the counter meds.

Thanks for responding back to me... I have also been taking stool softners since day one, along with the citrucel and water... I was on a lot of strong percocets though and they are very constipating... I still am on them but not nearly as much as I was... I can't believe you are only taking advil.. Wow! You are a great healer and a great patient.... I'm sure glad you are feeling better... I hope I get to where you are at real soon... I'm not a water drinker but I have been drinking water.. I even keep it at my bedside now.... And I eat Raisin bran... I'm scared because today will be my second day without a BM... I've been going every other day, being soft and toleratable.... so hopefully I will be ok? I feel like a little old lady complaining of my bowels... LOL but thats one thing we all take for granted huh? Especially after this surgery, we realize the simple things that we could do and its a big deal all of a sudden. I hope you continue to heal but it sure sounds like you are steps above me... Take care of yourself and keep me updated! :-D

Hi there ocean... I replied to you earlier but I forgot to login, so the message probably won't be posted until tomorrow... I just basically wanted to thank you for sharing your experience along with my own. You seem like you are on your road to recovery!! I can't believe you are just taking advil. I'm still on my percocets but not as much as I was. I know it constipates but I'm desperate when I'm in pain. I also have been taking my stool softners since day one. I'm still taking 3 a day and drinking Citrucel and drinking water. My body is just slower I guess than some other people... And I realize everyone heals differently. Some quicker than others. I am not going to go back to work until my 8 weeks because I do a lot of heavy lifting and I feel like if I were to go back too early, I will defeat having the surgery to begin with right? ? Please keep me updated though on your recovery ok? I am sitting on a donut pillow but I can't sit more than a few minutes... I'm glad you were able to go outside yesterday and enjoy the fresh air too... I was cooped up in this house for 16 days, I feel like a vampire. But today was great getting outside. You be sure to take care of yourself and keep me posted....

You will see a big change soon, it kind of lifted. Try to go a an hour later taking the meds and take advil inbetween? It took me a few days for my body to adjust no more narcotics.. I found that it helped me sleep more than take away the pain anyway. I used Tleynol PM to help with the sleeping too before I switched to the advil.

I was very lucky to have my husband take over everything for the first 2 weeks. I think that really helped. I read somewhere that we need to be laying down at least 15 minutes every hour. Walking is supposed to help your body to go again but I was not able to with the pain meds....
My Dr told me not a lot of sitting those first few weeks...so I was basically in bed or on the coach. I also read about that the donuts still strain you down there? Not sure but my dr did not say either way about them.

Is your stomach better? If not, call the dr. You need to be able to get some out or you will have other issues...

Try to enjoy your day..it gets better...

Yes my stomach is feeling better, thank you for asking. I still have a swollen feeling though when I try to urinate, so using a cleansing bottle or sitz bath seems to help... Its the same feeling I had after I gave birth to my children. Still not having BM's everyday.... but I'm still doing everything I'm supposed to. As for my donut pillow, I could not survive without it after having my third child! I took it everywhere I went. My last child weighed over 9 pounds and my roids were really really bad. Had like three doctors come into my hospital room after I gave birth because of how big my roids were. They were wondering why I was asking for pain meds every 3-4 hrs then after looking at me, they knew why. So I've never heard anything bad about my donut pillow before. Hummm, something else for me to look into huh? My husband has been doing everything too.... He's been doing all the house work, errands, cooking, cleaning, etc. we are very lucky to have help like that huh? My mom who lives in a different state has had my 3 kiddos for about 2 weeks. They are finally coming home today... I miss them sooooo much! But I was in so much pain, I could not even have anyone shake the bed, lay on the bed, accidently hit my legs or anything and my kids are still young and don't quite understand, so I'm glad I had some help with them for a couple of weeks... Well I enjoyed some morning sunshine already.. Hope you are able to get out and enjoy too.... Take care.... :-D

Im 1 week post op just got home yesterday and i too look like im pregnant. My stomach looks hideous and im doing all the right things ,i too have 3 boys and since operation ive put on 2to3 kilos hope someone has answers for us.

I am two weeks post off same surgery....and decided to finally do a search on this at a point in which I am lucid....but yes, it has been the most horrific experience. Worse than having babies. I could elaborate more but bottom line....the post op aftercare instructions given to me only went to day three of what to do if no BM. I finally asked my surgeon what happened to page 2 of the aftercare instructions. She asked why? I said because there was no mention that I might go 8 days without a BM and that I may become impacted and may need to go to ER for removal of impactions....yada, yada, yada. I was in so much pain.

Just don't overdue the water! I did and ended up in hospital with a critically low sodium level.

Halo Dr., I underwent a pile surgery on Oct. 5th, 2016 and a corrective surgery 6 days later bt am suffering from Excessive stooling, wetness and severe pain and also my stomach is bloating out---kindly, assist me?*