Ok, I'm just here to keep you updated... I am 26 days post op from my surgery and I was finally able to see the doctor! I am still in a lot of pain but the doctor says I'm just healing a little bit slower... My main concern is because I'm in so much pain, I thought since I was constipated for 10 days after I had my surgery and I passed those huge impactions, that I might of ruptured something or got a anal fissure. But luckly I did no damage... Just healing very slowly... I'm going to go back to the doctor in 4 weeks for another check up. He put me on a antibiotic starting today and I have to take them 3x a day for a month. I guess he's just using this as a precaution so I won't get an infection. So I'm still moving very slowly, not able to still sit down very long or lift much but he said I am healing which is the good news! I still have painful BM's and it feels like fire, he also prescribed me a cream which has a numbing feeling to it, so I hope this helps me too. I'm still on Percocets but not as many.. So just to let other people know that we all heal at our own pace and not to feel bad or think you are doing something wrong just because we still have to take our pain meds and can't sit or lift anything. I'm doing everything I'm supposed to be doing, drinking water, high fiber diet, stool softners and Sitz baths. I'm on the road to recovery and this is light at the end of the tunnel afterall.... So good luck to the rest of you, who are also going through this recovery. I have to admit, its a lot more painful than I thought it would be but hopefully in a few weeks I'll be back to myself and be pleased that I had this surgery performed. Thank you to everyone who took the time to share your stories, so I did not feel alone... Take care!

Thanks for your update. It's nice to come on here and read stories like yours.

I am glad that he gave you something for the numbing effect. I have lidocane and it works very well.

I'm so sorry to hear about your impactions. That is awful. I struggled with my first bm the day after, but I hadn't had a bm for about 2 days before the surgery. I pushed so hard that I too thought I got an anal fissure. I popped a stitch, and some tissue came down that got a bit inflammed. Not another hemi thank goodness.

I think you're on the path to a great recovery.

Thanks again for your post.

It is good that you have posted your condition here. It is very nice when someone shares a story about particular problem. It is much easier for rest to find a solution and to know how to behave in certain situations. You have described it very detail. My uncle had this problem and I know that this is very serious thing.
If you can post and update that would be very nice. Thanks.

Dark red,
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement! I feel really bad complaining about all my pain, I'm just very miserable.... I just feel like I'm alone, so talking to all of you really helps me out so much and I appreciate all of you here helping me out.... It does give a peace of mind. And like you said it helps others know your situation and they may be feeling the same way and just are afraid that they did something wrong in their recovery process, which they didn't... they just heal slower and at their own pace. So again thank you so much for taking the time to write to me. I really wish your Uncle all the best! I truely understand how he feels.... Take care and keep me updated on your Uncle....

Well my Uncle had this few years ago, so he is fine now. Thank you for you compassion.
Many people out there are afraid about speaking of their problems. Like you said they think they did something wrong, but they didn't. And when they find post like this it is much easier for them to tell their story as well, or to ask more questions. Knowing that you are not alone in some problem means a lot to many people, you have someone to understands you, you share your problems and solutions.
I hope that you will be fine as soon as possible. All the best 3lovelykiddos

Hi Darkred,
I'm so glad your uncle had this procedure and it was a success and he's doing well... Thats great and something for me to look forward to at the end of my recovery... It seems as though since my doctor prescribed me these antibiotics I have to take 3x a day for 4 weeks, I am finally starting to feel a little better everyday... So maybe I was developing an infection and thats why I was having so much pain? I did however have accident in my pants today which is very embarrassing but I guess I can back off some of the stool softners finally? I'm able to sit a little bit longer at times and walk up and down my steps to the basement more but I try to lift these huge baskets of laundry (I have a family of 5) and I get unbalanced, so maybe I'll let my hubby continue to do this a tad bit longer... So finally I am seeing my recover as a positive... I still am not going to go back to work until 7-8 weeks post op simply because I do a large amount of lifting at work and I don't want to risk rupturing anything or get reaccuring hemorrhoids because I go back to work too quickly and start off lifting all that heavy equipment... Again you take care and I am really glad your Uncle is fully recovered.... Thanks so much for your input..

It is very good that you are starting to feel much better. I understand that pants accident is a little embarrassing but at least it means that you are getting all better. And it is good that you have decided not to go to work yet. It is safer for you to heal completely, than rather going back to work and to injure your self by lifting have things. So rest a lot, let your husband do the hard work around the house.
I don't know if you have any eating problems, like with some food. Maybe you can check Food and Beverages forum, and ask someone there for some kind of diet or recommendations what food would be the best for you.
I found this topic and I think it might help you a little.
http://www.steadyhealth.com/viewtopic.php?t=206998&hpr=What_Importance_of_Fiber_in_Hemroids_Prevention_

Thank you dark red for the info... I'm eating and drinking ok but I do have those days.. Ha ha.. I'm almost 5 weeks post op now and I'm doing some house work now and moving around more and fixing my kids meals, so at least I'm not totally in my bed all the time now... My stomach still gets upset from the antibiotics but I think I'm getting used to them... I have to take them for a whole month 3x a day, I truely feel like this is whats helping me heal... Maybe I was developing an infection or something and thats why I was in so much pain for so long? I still can't sit for long periods or stand too long but I feel like I'm getting my strength back little by little everyday... Thank you so much for all you care and concerns.... I'll keep you updated! :-D

Hi 3lovelykiddos, it is good to hear that you are getting better. But you also need to watch yourself still. Don't do to much of hard work. I understand that you have a lot to do around the house, but all that can wait, or the rest of your family can help. :-)
I'm little interested in what kind of food do you eat? Do you take a lot of fruit?

Hi dark red... Well I do agree with you on the house work. Something had happend, and I had no choice in helping my husband clean up the mess... Its all good now... but it was awful.. I just mopped and had to wash every sheet, blanket in the house. He had to bomb it, and we had to leave for 2 hrs with the kids then came back and had to do dishes, etc... so today I've done nothing! LOL I can say I'm not eating well the last few days and I've had no BM, even though I continue to take my colace, it does not work alone I guess. So I have to eat more fiber and some fruit today. I was eating better... pineapple, dried apricots, raisin bran, apples.. but I haven't done this the past couple of days... so I hope I'm not going to pay for it later... and drinking water... ugh... I'm not a water drinker at all... I like apple juice, so I'll drink some of that. I guess since I started feeling better this pass week, I kinda been ignoring my diet, this will be a life changing experience for me.. I will always have to eat high fiber because my body does not go everyday like other people... if you know what I mean.. I like some fruits, I'm really a picky eater but I'm trying! Thank you for writing to me.. I love to hear from you! :-D

Hi 3lovelykiddos,
Well if you are not water drinker I think juice is fine. You should follow your diet a little more until your body is fine.
If it was an emergency in the house, it is good that you helped. But you had to be careful not to hurt your self.
Is it harder for you to sit or to lay down? Do you have problems while sleeping?

Dark red.. thank you for your response... No I don't like water but I drink decaf tea, which they said was fine for me to drink, and some apple juice... I'm not feeling so well right now. I had a rough weekend.. Having painful BM's and bleeding now.. I know this is probably normal but I never really bled the first 3 weeks but now being 5 weeks I am? Only during a BM though and they are soft... I know too much info right? I have been eating more fiber the last few days so I won't get constipated but when I do go.. I just now had to take a percocet again... all weekend I had to after my BM's... Doc I guess says its normal.. people heal at a different pace.. Ok, as for me sitting.. not so much... I can barely take it to write to you right now but the sitting normally is getting longer and more tolerable... laying on my side is wonderful! No pressure, my legs and feet don't feel like they swell.. and its the most comfortable... How much more a person lay on their side? Sheesh, I make sure I turn myself every 2 hrs.. LOL.. Not really, I do get up and do dishes every now and then and fix the kids lunch, etc. but I go back to my bed... It is what makes me feel the most comfortable at this point.. I read magazines and watch my favorite shows... I had all 3 kids come into my huge bed and we all had a coloring party yesterday... Yes I laid on my side but I colored the best! Ha ha.. I have to have my sense of humor you know... Ok, I have to go for now... Hugs to you and thank you for all your help! You are the best!

Apple juice and decaf tea are ok, and my opinion that this is the best substitute for water. Well rough weekend was probable cosed because you helped your husband with cleaning. And you have expected that. You should been prepared for that one. :-)
Problem is that we don't recover at the same time. It would be good if everybody new they have only two or three weeks to recover and that is that. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.
What have you colored? :-) It is nice that you are able to spend time with your children even if you are not all fine.
Are you going for check up maybe with you doctor soon?

Hi dark red...
Yes I should of been more prepared over the weekend.. I called doc's office yesterday and told her I was bleeding and I'm 5 weeks post op and she said its normal still.... I don't get to see the doc until July 14th again and this will be my 2nd appt. Which kind of upsets me because the doc wanted to see me 2 weeks post op and the office could not get me in until 4 weeks post op.... After all the complications I went through and as much pain as I was in, I was very upset about that. I've worked in the medical field, so I do understand about appts and such but the doctor needs to take time for his post op patients before he sees new one's.. thats my opionion on that one... and he won't be seeing me unitl the 14th.. which is 4 more weeks after I saw him, which is understandable for the 2nd visit but there have been lots of people on this site who has seen the doc 3 times within 2 months without any complications .. Oh well.. as long as I get better, I should stop complaining huh? LOL... We on going on a long road trip for the 4th of July, so I will have my donut pillow and recline the seat in the car with my pillows from my bed and get comfortable... My husband is driving the kids and I... So this will be fun.. ha ha.. We had a coloring book party by the way... Ha ha.. we did it again yesterday... the kids have fun doing it!
I also agree, I do wish before I went through this surgery, that the doctor and nurses and the office would of prepared me more on what my recovery would be like... Nobody told me how painful this would be... Pretty much, says you'll be uncomfortable for a couple of weeks... I should write a book about this whole entire surgery and recovery process... Ha ha.. No I would not want to scare people... some people heal quickly but some don't... and everyone should be informed about all this before hand... I really wish I would have done more research before I did all this but really in the bad shape I was in, I did not have a choice... I went to the surgeon and pretty much surgery at this point was my only choice... so completely healing and being hemorrhoid free is my goal! And I'm getting there.... I hope you are doing ok? You have a good 4th too! Take care.... and thanks for writing me.. I always enjoy hearing from you!

Well thank you for 4th of July. I hope that you will not have problems on that day. It would be good that driving won't mess with you. And a word of advice. If you need to rest or stretch your legs little bit, don't hesitate to ask your husband to pull over somewhere. It is better to pull over several times than you having problems for next few days. I really hope that you have great time on 4th of July.
Be sure that you have prepared a lot of apple juice and decaf tea for the trip. :)

Have you looked at Physical activities forum? Maybe you can find something about activities that you could do with your condition. Or you can make a new Topic about it, and see what someone else thinks?