from:

40 Beer Run (B Double E Double Are You In?) George Jones 39 Killin' Time Clint Black 38 I Love This Bar Toby Keith 37 That's Why I'm Here Kenny Chesney 36 Naked Women and Beer Hank Williams Jr. 35 Beer Thirty Brooks & Dunn 34 Tonight the Heartache's on Me Dixie Chicks 33 Wasted Days and Wasted Nights Freddy Fender 32 Tequila Sunrise The Eagles 31 Ten Rounds With Jose Cuervo Tracy Byrd 30 Beer for My Horses Toby Keith 29 Two Pi a Coladas Garth Brooks 28 What's Made Milwaukee Famous (Has Made a Loser Out of Me) Jerry Lee Lewis 27 Wine into Water T. Graham Brown 26 Whiskey, If You Were a Woman Highway 101 25 The Bottle Let Me Down Merle Haggard 24 Don't the Girls All Get Prettier at Closing Time Mickey Gilley 23 You Never Even Called Me by My Name David Allan Coe 22 Set 'Em Up Joe Vern Gosdin 21 Two More Bottles of Wine Various Artists 20 The Whiskey Ain't Workin' Travis Tritt 19 Drinkin' My Baby Goodbye Charlie Daniels 18 It's Five O'Clock Somewhere Alan Jackson 17 I'm Gonna Hire a Wino to Decorate Our Home David Frizzell 16 Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound Hank Williams Jr. 15 Pop a Top Alan Jackson 14 Straight Tequila Night John Anderson 13 There's a Tear in My Beer Various Artists 12 Longneck Bottle Garth Brooks 11 There Stands the Glass Webb Pierce 10 You Ain't Much Fun Toby Keith 09 Chug-A-Lug Roger Miller 08 White Lightning George Jones 07 I Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink Merle Haggard 06 All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming over Tonight Hank Williams Jr. 05 Sunday Morning Coming Down Johnny Cash 04 Whiskey River Willie Nelson 03 Don't Come Home a Drinkin' (With Lovin' on Your Mind) Loretta Lynn 02 Family Tradition Hank Williams Jr. 01 Friends in Low Places Garth Brooks

I was with you until Toby Keith made the list. More than once. :umno:

And where's Jimmy Buffett??

I was with you until Toby Keith made the list. More than once. :umno: And where's Jimmy Buffett??
The closest is 5 O'Clock Somewhere. I don't think they consider him country.

While country artists are good at the drinking genre, I don't think they have a lock on it...but, I guess CMT would make it only country songs. Oh well.

Very True Cheryl.

I happened to be flipping the channel tonight and I found the show and then I decided to see the whole list. I might see if can track down most of the songs and put them all on one CD to put in my truck.

No Jerry Jeff Walker? (Pissin' In The Wind) and the true injustice, the song that transcends every music genre... where is... L O U I E ......... L O U I E

and where is George Thorogood?

Another no one has heard of: Roger Creager "Everclear"

I've heard many of those old school ones far too many times.......

Missing appears to be Willie Nelson/s "I gotta get drunk, and I sure do dread it cuz I know just what I'm gonna do.....gonna spend my money callin somebody honey and wind up singing the blues....spent my whole paycheck on some ole wreck and brother I can name you a few......"

also missing is Gary Stewart's "She's actin' single, I'm drinkin' double"

Whiskey River should have surpassed Friends in Low Places.

SIX PACK TO GO
(Hank Thompson - Johnny Lowe - penis Hart)
'59 Hall-Clement Publications

Hey Mr Bartender please don't be so slow
I've got time for me more round and a six pack to go
Tomorrow morning's Sunday I'm gonna be feeling low
So please please bartender I want a six pack to go
I've be a drinking all day long taking in the town
I've done spent my whole paycheck just a honky tonking round
Well I don't have enough to pay my rent but I ain't gonna worry though
I've got time for one more round and a six pack to go

He actually started out singing country. Also any list with Dixie Chicks and drinking in it loses all credibilty!!!!!! I can just imagine sittin around drinkin and getting plowed and sayin hey put that dixie chicks cd on :umno:

:1: Toby Keith just bothers me. I was going to ask where "Tubthumping" was until I saw it was CMT.

No list should exclude "Why Don't We Get Drunk and Scr....".............

Most Irish folk would take exception to this list. :|

Can I knock Toby Keith off the list and add Terri Clark's "I think the world needs a drink"?