Hi, I am forty five years old, professionally very successful woman. Because I have been working very hard to become a partner in my firm I haven't had much time to think about babies and family. Last week I met an old school friend and she was complaining about menopausal symptoms she is experiencing. I thought that I have a couple more years before the menopause and that the option of getting pregnant is still open. Please tell me is there still a chance for me to get pregnant in my forties?

Hi, first of all let me say that menopause is a very individual thing. It can happen in the late forties to early sixties. If you still have your period it means that you are still ovulating and that you can get pregnant. Even if your period is irregular the possibility of getting pregnant is still open. But I am sure that you are aware that since you are in your forties your chances of becoming pregnant naturally are reduced by half. So I would strongly recommend that if you really want to have children you should talk to your OBGYN and start working on it right away.

I too am in my forties and would love to get pregnant. I see my sisters and brother with their own children and I feel as if I am missing out on a great feeling of completion. I would welcome any advice I could get on how to make it possible for me to conceive.

I'm 45 also.(Close to 46). I want to tell you my story.
I have 3 kids;-23,13 and 5 y.o. Last time I gave birth at age almost 41. It was IVF-kid.My ex-husband has a very low sperm count,but I still gave him a kid after 3 cycles of IVF.(first cycle-pregnancy with twins and miscarriage after 7 weeks; Second cycle was a doctor mistake and we got nothing. Third cycle-pregnancy with twins and one of them stoped to develop after 6 weeks) After 37 weeks of horrible pregnancy with vomuting every day-i got a son. Unfortunely, we divorced with my husb 2 years ago..
I have a new partner now, who never been married, have no kids.
I would like to be pregnant again.
I started from herbal medicine. It 's named ''Fertility aid for woman'' ans another one named'' Fertility blend for women''.I ordered it on the net without doctor prescription.
Before I started these medicine I made fertility test (you can buy it in Rite aid). It shows LH hormone level. 2 month ago the fertility test showed my hormone level is low. After I took these medicine for 48 days -I made this test again. It showed -my hormone level close to be a normal. Right now my period 4 days away and I have a little hope-may be it already happened?!

If not- my next step wil be -to buy clomid on the net. Also without doctor prescription. I'm going to take it for 3 months. If it will not work also-I'll go to buy a strong fertility drugs on the net (as gonal or pergonal) and stimulate myself. I remember the pattern that fertility doctor used to make me pregnant. I don't have thousand dollars anymore for IVF-and I'm going to experiment.

(sorry for my mistakes, but english is not my native language).

Good luck to everyone in your late pregnancy!!!

I've heard of many women getting pregnant in their 40s... I'm not a doctor, but I'd recommend that you eat well and maintain physically fit. Drink a lot of water (not necessarily to increase chances), but to improve your health and flush out toxins from your body. Bottom line stay healthy.

I have an 18 year old son and when I was 43 years old I had another baby. Sadly, our daughter passed away from an umbilical cord accident which cut off her oxygen. I had waited a very long time to have a second child and when this happened it was, and still is, devastating to us. She was beautiful and perfect in every way.

We have been trying to conceive again for the past 19 months. I'm now 45 years old and would like some encouragement and hope. I have always had very regular periods and lead a very healthy lifestyle. I have taken some clomid for a couple of months and I have seriously been considering doing injectable medications next month. Has anybody had success with these medications?

I have also been doing regular acupuncture appointments and take herbs for fertility. I have heard this really helps for fertility. I do feel better since starting acupuncture. Also, I do a weekly yoga class.

It would be great to hear from others who are in a similar situation.

dear all
i tried IVF since 3 years. I had my daughter, with no help, when i was 42. Now i am 45. I tried 3 times IUI, 3 times IVF. No success at all. My Gya advice me to stop since my chances with IVF are very low. I have normal hormonal levels and i was trying naturally in the past 6 months. still waiting. Save your body and try it your way.

OMG, Yes you can get pregnant in your forties! I will be 45 next week and gave birth to a beautiful healthy baby girl last year! She was not planned mind you but a Surprise at that! I have a 21 year old son and a 14 year old son as well. The Doctors warned me that there might be complications having a baby at my age , but I had a smooth pregnancy up until the last 2 weeks that were a bit hard. But all in all had given birth in 3 hours of labor and she weighed 9lbs 2oz. I really watched what I ate and drank plenty of O.J. and well walked quite a bit. So Good Luck to you! alot of women are having babies in their forties! But you have to really take care of yourself with plenty of rest and good healthy food!

caroljean wrote:

hi iam 44year and iwant to get pregnant sorry my priod is not regular

cheri wrote:

BY Homeopathic resarch show the age limit to get paregant .resons the egges did not get growth.

WOW please tell me what became of you and your trip to Pregnancy ? Im allso 48 soon and am trying to get Pregnant after meeting a great man who has made my life complete except for having a baby together.

Hi I m 45 and pregnant with my 7 the baby.I conceived all without clomid or medication. When I had first baby at 34 I wanted to have twins so I used medication gon all f.don't use these drugs if you are ovulating I tried many times they waste time money and rarely lead to a birth

It is possible to get pregnant at this age. Unfortunately it is more difficult and due to the quality/age of your eggs you are much more likely to have a child with down syndrome. It really is worth you speaking to an ob/gynae and seeing what your hormone levels are like. Good luck.

congrats, u can get pregnant. work hard, my mom at 43+ got pregnant even when my dad at 58+

thank you so much you just increase my hope of having a second baby my husband is 28 and i am 45 i have my son 7 year s a go and i was hoping to have another one. i hope i would conceive soon. thank you so much..