i'm 6 days post op, on day 4 i developed what i thought was an internal hemorrhiod coming out that maybe the surgeon had banded instead of cut out. i now no longer think it is that because it hasn't fallen off yet. i currently have 2 lumps, the outer one, which is red/brown/tan and has a suture running through the middle of it, doesn't look like skin, but more like 'wet'. the 2 lump is inbetween the 1st one and my anus. it looks like a regular external hemorrhiod.
did i do something wrong? what is this?!
i called my surgeons office and left a message with the nurse to call me back about a quesion regarding what is normal for recovery, but they haven't called me back yet.
the outer lump bleeds and is very very tender. the inbetween lump is a little tender from having the outer lump hanging off of it.
any ideas?!

This might be the remnants of the hemarroid's that were removed. It is very swollen there and internally for a few weeks. Who did the op, a general surgeon or a colorectal surgeon. You should go back to be examined just in case. I swore i still had hemarroid's after the op, because of the swelling but it eventually shrunk.

the dr. is a colorectal surgeon. i have my apt today at 9am (heading up there in about 20 mins). i'm really hoping that it's normal because i have a final tomorow for a class, then on monday i start my other 3 finals. if it wasn't for this lump then i wouldn't be having any pain at all and i would be able to stop taking the pain pills they gave me.

well i just got back from the dr. he said it's completely normal, i just have a bit more swelling than the avg person. i feel a little stupid for freaking out now, but i'm glad to know thats normal. i made sure to ask the nurse if there would be any swelling, and she said there shouldn't be. so that's why i was worried. how long did it take for your swelling to go down and for you to look normal?

I felt ok and not swollen after about three weeks, but my surgeon said i was still swollen, but i felt pretty good myself. You will be ok, just try and keep a hot pad, or hot water bottle under your butt at home to promote healing, and take as many sitz baths as you can when at home, it works wonders.
Wishing you luck for your finals, and a speedy recovery too.
It takes about 6 weeks to look ok by the way, it will be fine, and you will be glad you had it done in a few weeks believe me.