Hi everyone... Ok, you all who have talked to me since my sugery 7 weeks ago, know all of my complications since my hemorrhoidectomy... I was convinced I had a fissure because I'm not healing and I'm in constant pain. Well sure enough, I went for my second post op appt today and I have a fissure, so my doctor is going to do surgery on me this Wed.... I guess since my hemorrhoids were so bad inside and out, sometimes this happens and the tissue shrinks around the anus... which caused me to tear which causes severe pain with bleeding and everytime I have a BM it feels like I'm passing glass... And I guess it can't heal on its own because everytime I have a BM, I irritate it... So needless to say, I'm soooo scared to have this surgery! I've been through so much pain since the surgery, so I hope this won't be as bad? If anyone has had this, please respond back to me ASAP... I'm a nervous wreck... thank you for all your help! ?

Hi honey: I FEEL for you that's for sure, I didn't have surgery for hemorrhoids, BUT what happened to me caused about the same amount of trauma to my rectum as what you have been through! I TOTALLY get you being nervous and I'm sure FED UP!!!!! But they wouldn't be doing this surgery if they thought it wouldn't help you. If you think of it, it is such a sensitive yet dirty area, it is VERY hard to keep the area clean AND not to mention dry. And when we are in pain we tense and thus pull in our sphyncter!!!!! :$

When I had my 1st child I had a stage 2 tear in my perinium! then with my 2nd child was born he was 9lbs 5 1/2 oz!!!! and had a 16 1/2" head!!!!!!! o.O I had a Grade 3 tear with him and basically delivered him through my anus!!! So I had to have that ENTIRE area stitched together again. It took awhile and constant stiz bathing but even after hemorrhoid tears and bursting I was able to recover! So I do KNOW totally about your hesitation to have anyone go near it and what comes after. I had several fissures with all of that, and of course everyone recovers differently but you have to think of it like this honey, when he explained it to you, it's not as though he hasn't seen this before or is totally new to this. Obviously this doesn't help you!!! But just know that unfortunately you're not alone with this.

What I would advise is for you to be given an anti anxiety medication before the surgery, and really talk to them about follow up and how to stop this from happening again. I hope you were given a stiz bath before! If you didn't receive one then ask for one FOR SURE!!!! I was SO thankful for my wonderful "friend" I really think "she" saved my life!!!! Also hopefully you have been given a squirt bottle! That was wonderful too! The innertube, the hydrogen peroxide, the epsom salts etc. IF none of this hasn't been mentioned to you - which I think would be a crime. Then let me know and I can tell you what to get and what to look for. I will keep my fingers, toes and anything else I can cross I will! MUCH HUGS and LOVE I am sending to you, and I wish you all the best of health! Please let me know how you are doing OK?

Bambi! Thank you for responding back to me so quickly... I'm sorry you were in so much pain too.... I have 3 children and I had a grade 3 tear also with one of them and my 3rd child was over 9 pounds too.... So it is awful I know... I just feel like all of this (to me) is 10 times worse! I never thought a person could have so much pain.... I know there are other people who have it way worse, so I should not complain but I'm so scared and nervous and in pain... I can't take it anymore! I just feel like I failed in my recovery but I did everything I was supposed to be doing... I was constipated for 10 days! And then I had to flush my entire system out like I did before my colonoscopy, it was so tragic, especially after a hemorrhoidectomy... but then this is when I feel I got the fissure because I passed huge compactions and it was so bad I almost passed out.. really! I was crying so hard and I'm not much of a cryer and my husband felt so helpless.... So I do feel like this is when I got the fissure... but when I went in for my first post op check up it was 4 weeks and I was still swollen, so the doc could not really examine me that well.. but yesterday (I'm 7 weeks post op now) he saw it and it won't heal on its own he said, so unfortuntely I have to have surgery for it. He said my case is rare or where the fissure is, who knows? But usually fissures can heal on their own but mine can't, so he has to open me up some so I can have BM's without tearing myself... So did your fissures heal on their own? Or did you have to have surgery? Yes I have my cleansing bottles, Sitz baths but I've never done the epsom salts or hydrogen peroxide... On top of all of this, he put me on a antibiotic for a month (which I'm still on) and now I'm getting a yeast infection! I can't win, can I? I can't have anything but liquids to eat tonight because of my surgery in the morning so I can't eat any yogurt or anything, I'll just have to wait and treat it after my surgery I guess? I'm supposed to do a enema tonight (if possible) and in the morning before my surgery (again if possible)... Thank you for being here for me and help supporting me during this very difficult time! You are so sweet.. and lots of Hugs back to you!!!! I'll keep you updated... Pray for me!!!!

Just thought of something that will TOTALLY explain why you were having a hard time recovering. Your entire "NETHER PARTS!!!! ;-) " HAve fallen with the birth of your children and especially that last chub chub!!! XD o.O I still have to do Keigals etc and if anything touches that area!! this is me o.O ! Your nerves and muscles are toast down there, so the entire area is having a hard time coming to grips with ALL of the trauma you have been through! And COMPLAIN away honey! Of course there are people with a worse time than ANY of us! BUT that doesn't take away the fact that you almost pass out from passing stool does it?!!!! You own that hon! You shouldn't feel in the slightest bad about that. I am going to tell you a few things that REALLY helped me, it might be a little graphic OK? Or WTMI (way too much information) but I just want to talk about it with you and let you know what worked for me etc OK?

1. Do you have the sitz bath that has a bag - like an iv bag - and the base looks like a toilet bowl? If not get one!!! That is SUBLIME!!!
2. Get some hydrogen peroxide and some Epsom Salts - you can put both in the sitz bag/irrigation bag and the squirt bottle. The hydrogen peroxide is about 2 large tablespoons and about 1 tablespoon of Epsom Salts! Use that in the bottle and the sitz - you WILL get addicted to it and try and think of ways just to stay on it ;-) XD
3. Depending on where your surgery was and your fissure - this works a charm for pooping - if the surgery is at the back (towards your skin) then you can get a "bent finger vibrator" SORRY!! It looks like an upside down J So where the hoop is you insert that into your vagina and gently push against the wall of your vagina against the wall of your anus where the poop compaction is and push it forward - you can also use your finger - but then its messy etc. It will enable you to get the compaction out and keep it in line! Because I bet your dollars to donuts - after everything you have gone through, you will have a dip in your rectum where the compaction collects and causes SO much problems (this will be from the big birth!!!)
4. I am sure you have been told how to help yourself have a poop, but I will go over what has helped me! You stand with your body stooped forward slightly, you make your stomach suck in hard and let it go out forcefully - just using your muscles kind of like a ripple (this helps the poop move down) when you are ready take a couple of deep breaths, sit down and lean forward with your elbows on your knees, turn your feet inwards and place your one big toe on top of the other, making the most forceable Pyramid possible!!!The more you can get that toe over the other and your feet turned in the more your sphinxter opens up!!!!
5. I am presently taking this meal supplement, you get ALL your vitamins AND acidopholus it is called VEGA - Complet Whole Food Health Optimizer! I am not selling this!!! I just SWEAR by it, you wont have constipation with it, it has more fiber than a bag of disgusting prunes and it comes in CHOCOLATE!!!!! LOL
6. As soon as the surgery is done, you need to start with your probiotic yogurt OR pills that will help with the yeast infection. Also monistat or canastin can take care of that!
7. My parents and relatives SWEAR by drinking Cod Liver Oil!!!!!!!!! :O o.O It is GROSS but it makes everything move and the more Omega 3/6 oils you can get into your system now will - make your Poop oilier!!! and able to slide out quicker !!!! SORRY!!!! But it works.

I would totally advise you to try the VEGA! It is liquid and make you go to the bathroom everyday so nothing gets bunged up or compacted! I'm just reading the container now and it has 15g fiber, 28g protein - so your hair will be beautiful after all this ;-) - Macasure - so you will be able to be intimate with your husband AFTER 8-| - Berry's EVERY vitamin known to mankind, digestive enzymes! And it tastes like CHOCOLATE!!!! XD They also have Vanilla, Strawberry and I think its called Strawberry Chocolate!. If there's another full meal thing like this then great. Just until you heal and can handle a regular poop - let us pray!!!!

HAve they given you an anti anxiety pill for the procedure? If you need one ask for one OK? And I WILL pray for you and I know you can do this, I also wonder if you should have a gynecologist see you too?!! I've been seen by some top specialists and have been seen and followed by a Vajayjay Physio Therapist!!! o.O They actually ahve them now because of the size of babies we are having! I tell my youngest - you will ALWAYS OWE ME!!!! ;-) XD So all the best tommorrow honey, you WILL come out of this, and I will wait to here from you and see how you are doing! All the best sweetie!

Bambi... Hi again.. thank you so much for all the information.. I really take it to heart and will try some of your remedies... The doctor called me in one 100mg diflucan pill, so I took that and I just did my enema and I'm in so much pain, I can't take it anymore. >:( .. I barely could find my anus because I'm swollen and the fissure hurts so badly (which you know) and when I finally made it to the toliet, it just basically was water and gushed out and it burns so bad... I feel dizzy and lightheaded and I'm shaking... There is no way I can do another enema in the morning!! If I have an accident in the Operating Room, then so be it... At this point and after 3 kids and going through my colonoscopy being awake and it felt like human torture and having this hemorrhoidectomy , I have no worries about that anymore... I think I'm pretty well cleaned out anyways from todays BM... Ok, TMI right? Yes I have Xanax I'm ready to take but they gave me something else through IV before my hemorrhoidectomy, so I WILL ask for it again! They can double the dose for all I care... Yes I just did a Sitz bath... I can't sit too long because when I sit, the pressure hurts me so bad down there... I'm sitting on my donut pillow typing to you and it hurts.... I always use my cleansing bottle too... Do you still have your fissure? Or was this been awhile? My last baby is 5 years old and she weighed I think 9 pounds 1 oz. and something, so you have me beat there! My butt look like califlower after that birth! Ok, hon, I have to go lay down.. thank you so much for your prayers... I am praying for myself too.... Lots of Hugs... :-D

Poor kid!!! I think you're situation is complicated with the fact of the vaginal trauma too. Sitting on a donut just draws down where the gravity is - which is your bum!!! I am WRACKING my brain as what I used with my bum - it was an oil. But it just has to be warmed and rubbed around your anus. Try olive oil - I can't remember - but olive oil is just regular and non irritant. Warm it up and try to squirt it all in that area before the enema - IF you can do another one. Get a maxi pad and spritz it with water and put it in the freezer wear that before and after the enema. Also I used TUCKS Pads that I put in the freezer and then put a couple of pads on my anus and looked like this o.O So see if that will get that inflamation down for you to give yourself than enema! Then do it again, so you can get to the hospital! DON'T take anything with coddeine in it OK? - as you know it will bung you up! Try Advil as a pain reliever!
I can't remember what happened to my fissures they must have fixed themselves, becasue I didn't have an operation - but I DEFINITELY had the scope and was told that I had that J dip in my rectum - which explained the screaming!!!! o.O ;-) XD

Cold is the best for you bum honey! So try the TUCS in the freezer!! My legs are crossing for you!!! o.O :-( So the BEST of luck and health tommorrow honey!!! OH!!! VODKA That's the liquid I used!!!!! ;-) XD XD

Hi honey! I was thinking about you all day yesterday, I know your still recovering, just know I'm thinking of you and whenever you feel like it let me know how you are and how it went OK? Good luck hon!

Bambi.. Thank you for thinking of me.. I can't sit but I wanted to tell you I made it through the surgery and back home ok but I'm in SEVERE PAIN!!!! I did not think it would be as bad as the hemorrhoidectomy but it is.... I have not had a BM yet but I'm taking stool softners and I just drank a glass of miralax... I don't want to get constipated again like the first time... It was awful... He put some type of packing in my anus and its supposed to dissolve... I've done 4 sitz baths and it kills me to do so but I know I have to, so I make myself.. I still have at least 4 more to go today... Whatever way he cut me, its supposed to heal from the inside out with the fissure... So keep praying for me! My mom is coming from a different state tonight to come get my 3 kids for me... I just can't take care of them right now, let alone myself... Hugs to you... I hope I'm able to completely heal this time... Its been 7 weeks since the first surgery, the doctor told my husband it will be another 4-6 weeks before I heal... Good grief... there goes my whole summer.... I'll keep you updated.. It means a lot to me that you care so much... :-D

I know it's early days honey, but with the grace of God this will be a distant "poopy" memory sooner than later.

So the sitz baths are huting?!!!!! IF you use regular water, try water that has been distilled = all the chlorine taken out this might be the reason why you are stinging with it. And make it as warm as possible. The way he did the incision IS the best way for the body to heal itself! I will be having lots of skin cancer removed from the top of my forehead and the surgeon told me that if they leave it open I will heal faster and have less of a scar than if they sewed it together, because it is MAKING it pushed together instead of naturally coming together - something like a blind date!!!! ;-) XD I know you don't feel like laughing right now or even making the effort to smile, but I SWEAR that you WILL feel better to laugh - it releases good hormones to take away pain. Just don't laugh too much so you don't "TENSE UP"!!!!! Here is a link to one of my favorite comedians I LOVE him so watch it when you can, and laugh honey!!!! Talk to me when you can OK? All the best!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enAxyqWTpOQ

Just an update... I had my second surgery on July 15th for a fissure that I got during the recovery from my hemorrhoidectomy I had 7 weeks ago... I"m still in a lot of pain... I can't sit, barely walk but I'm making myself eat better (fiber, miralax, fruit, etc.) and do more sitz baths... I do 2 senekots in the morning and a stool softner at night. My stomach feels like its in a big ball and it hurts because of the fiber and such. I do have BM's but not as often as I wish I could.. My body does not break things down as quickly as most people.... so I have to deal with it I guess... I have cut down on my percocets simply because I don't want to get constipated again... but I do need them because of the burning.. it burns so bad... can't stand it... I would not wish this on anyone ever! Thank you for all of you who have helped support me through all what I've been through so far... You've been great supporters...... Hugs to you all and I'll keep you updated.... Keep me in your prayers!

Glad to hear it hon! Do you have the Tucs pads where you are? Like I said earlier, if you put them in the freezer and put a couple around your bum it REALLY helps. Also use them to dab the area after. Sometimes its the fiber that can cause problems for your stomach - all the darn gas etc. So try and be careful of that too - I know "The lesser of 2 evils!" That makes sense about your BM's not being as regular and your hemorrhoids, just also use what I was telling you before for the BM's if it gets compacted. And increase your Omega Oils OK? Good luck hon and of course my prayers!

Bambi, my new buddy... Thank you for thinking of me.. I sure am glad I have all of you to talk to... I know my family is getting sick of hearing me complain of my butt! My husband is very worried though... I've been in bed almost 2 months now.. I'm trying to walk around a bit more so I don't get constipated... It hurts so badly and it burns... Yes I have tucks pads but no I have not put them in the freezer, maybe I ought to try that huh? Its sounds soothing.... Yes the fiber is killing my tummy... It just feels like a big ball and it cramps... I did have a soft BM but it still burns.... but I use those vegetable laxatives (generic of senekot) and I take one colace at night... I eat fruit and my fiber cereals... I just feel like I want to throw up... I take phenergan with my percocets to help my stomach and it does help out some.... I cut way back on my percocets... after my first surgery (May 20th), I was taking 12 a day, but now I only take maybe 3-4 a day, so I'm really proud of myself... I do a lot more sitz baths.. almost hot.. it seems to help a little too.. My yeast infection and freakin period is finally done with.. ;-) so 2 out of the way and one to go... ha ha.. My butt of course.... I look pitiful... I lost weight, I hunch over like a little old lady (no offense to anyone old) and I walk slow... I wear poise pads in case I poop myself... so I truly know how little old ladies feel now... I will never make fun of anyone.... not that I ever did... I pray for everyone... My rectal surgeon I have is not very friendly.. my aunt actually stopped going to him because she says he's rude... I don't care really if he's rude, just as long as he's a good surgeon but it would help if he had some compassion for his patients.. I know what he does is the same thing over and over and over again and he probably feels like a robot at some point but he needs to have more sympathy for people... I actually asked him when I saw him on July 13th if I was his daughter would he release me to go back to work to stand for 9 hours and lift at least 50 pounds and he was silent and looked at my bum again and said "no you are not going back to work, you have to have another surgery"... Did I maybe hit a nerve and make him think about me as a human being maybe????? Well he did the surgery and he was actually hugging me and wiping away my tears when he said he had to do another surgery and kept apoligizing to me and saying he was sorry... maybe sometimes thats what it takes... is for someone to remind you that we are human and we are someone's daughter and wife and mother and you should treat us more fragile and not just "another case or patient in your book"... My nurse I had however was a gem... she was so friendly.. I guess her best friend years ago had the same thing happen to her as what happen to me... she had the hemorrhoidectomy, then had to have a fissure surgery.. she said it took her friend another 4-6 weeks to heal after the fissure surgery but she was so sweet and being so honest with me... she told me I'm a tough cookie and she said she can't believe I was only taking a few percocets a day.. she said she wasn't surprised that I wasn't taking the whole bottle with all the pain I was having.. LOL Ok, my bum is hurting now... so I will let you go.. I'm going to go put some tucks in the freezer and try it out... thanks so much for all the information.. You have been great! I hope you are feeling ok? Lots of hugs to you.... :-D

TUCS frozen are a gift from the gods!!!! XD Also a pantly liner spritzed with water and frozen like a frickin popsicle is also a good thing, just for imflamation of course! After the hot sitz use a cold squirt bottle - the hot and cold will SOOTHE you and take away the inflammation. I don't know if I told you or another lady, but I was/am on this health drink called VEGA it has EVERYTHING in it and comes in Chocolate. So if you were looking at taking less fiber but still not getting bunged up, it's EXCELLENT! And it has Omega oils in it and Acidopholus. Just a thought - If it is you that I told about it, I DON'T sell it HONEST!!!! LOL - I just wanted to let you know that it keeps you REGULAR!!

I know what you mean about surgeons, some of them feel and act like they are God! And are SO impersonnal. And good for you to give him a taste of humanity! So NEVER take any coldness, you have to feel comfortable with the guy so you can ask questions.

Use a really fluffy pillow for your seating. I carried around the thickest pillow ever!!! I couldn't care less who saw me! So do the same too, if you get one with feathers in it, it will move with you. Still keeping my fingers, legs and toes crossed!!!

Hi Bambi... Yes you did tell me about the VEGA drink, where can I buy this at? Can I get this online? Yes I need the fibers and such but I was very sick yesterday and all last night because of too much laxatives, stool softners, fruit, raisin bran, etc... so I was on the toliet constantly and I was very sore and very weak... Today I slept most of the day and I did have a BM but it was not that soft, so I did have to take a percocet afterwards.. I took only one senekot this morning and one colace tonight, so hopefully tomorrow it will be better...

When I am able to sit, I use my donut pillow.... I take it everwhere... people look, but who cares right? It helps take some pressure off of my bottom... When I told you the other day about the Sitz bath hurting.. I did not clear that up for you.. its not the water that burns, its just the fact of sitting down that low, it puts a lot of pressure on my bottom and its very uncomfortable but I still do them... The water actually helps sooth my bottom, its just the sitting is so uncomfortable... Thank you for talking with me... I hope you are doing ok? Lots of Hugs to you... :-D

You can get VEGA at any healthfood store! Here is their website

http://sequelnaturals.com/vega

You can also place an order with me I am a distributor!!!!! LOL ;-) XD

So you find the donut helpful? I didn't, but whatever works right?! Yeh that too much fiber is a killer!! I LOVE Vega, and you will too, I use it with milk! I haven't had one problem on it, you're not gassy or bloated, just regular! And did I mention there's CHOCOLATE!!! ;-D

Do you feel like you are getting better though, at least some sort of an improvement?