I am on day 9 of my hemorrhoidectomy recovery. I have noticed though that to look at the area, it looks as though there are new hemorrhoids. Will these 'bumps' go away? im hoping i didnt just go through all of this pain for nothing. I am a 23 year old guy in good health so i expect to be healing fast.

Jamie

Hi Jamie! I don't know what the issue is but I think that what you're describing is pretty normal on the path to recovery. Does anyone else have any issue like this? I'd like to hear from someone else if they have an opinion?

Hey Jamie, yes it normal because you're swollen. I had the same thing. It may take awhile, possibly weeks, but the swelling will go down.

onefuschiarose wrote:

How long does it take for the swelling to go down? YOu said weeks but how many generally an you expect?

Bluedog, I think for everyone its different. For me it took five weeks or so.