Hi. I have severe acne that hasn`t responded to treatment with topical medicines. I started to treat acne with Roaccutane capsules. I had a breakout following Roaccutane. Is that a side effect of Roaccuatane? What are side effects of Roaccutane?

Hi. Roaccutane may worsen your acne problem at the start of your treatment. You should see the first results within 7 or 10 days. Roaccuate contain isotretinoin, which can have serious side effects. Isotretinoin reduces the inflammation. You may expect to complete clearing of acne after 12 or 16 weeks of continued treatment. Repeat courses are not recommended. You should not start repeat courses until some 8 weeks after stopping Roaccutane treatment. The side effects of Roaccutane include birth defects, depression, anxiety, mood changes and suicide attempts (rarely). Some other side effects of Roaccutane are dry skin and lips and dry eyes, high blood sugar lever, and severe bloody diarrhea.