Hi, I`m 25 years old African-American, and have those ugly, shiny, red keloid scarf on my neck and even on my chin (not so red, more like pink). It feels hard when I touch it and is raised above the surrounding skin. Don`t know what is the cause of that. But, I had that skin trauma, a wound on the back of my neck, which got infected, so that practically means two skin traumas on one place. Could it be the cause of my keloid scarf? And what about my chin (it has been pierced, but long time ago)?

Hi, I have some experience with keloid scars, I knew I girl who had those, but on her upper arm and one on the back. Skin trauma is a good field for keloid scars to appear. Infection at a wound site, also, because of the repeating trauma. Bu so far it`s not truly understood how keloid scars occur. But it is known that they can be located almost anywhere. But did you know that you, being an African-American, have more chances to get the scarf. Keloid scars are appearing 15 times more in highly pigmented ethnic groups. And the piercing stuff? Of course it`s a trauma for your skin. You probably have a very sensitive skin.