I had my regular gin exam two days ago and the result is abnormal paps or precisely I was diagnosed with mild cervical dysplasia and now I need to hear what this sort of abnormal paps actually means and if I could be having cancer and how come I am not given any treatment I am just advised to have my next pap test within next three months and if abnormal paps still persist I might be having some procedure done to treat this cervical dysplasia. What do you think –could these abnormal paps means and do I actually have cervical cancer.

I had the same diagnose-mild cervical dysplasia and two of my gin exams resulted in abnormal paps and finally I had a LEEP procedure which consist in using some wire loop in order to pass electrical current that is suppose to remove those defected cells from your cervix. Anyway having abnormal paps that actually determines having cervical dysplasia is never the sign of cervical cancer but is precancerous condition that demands to be monitored and controlled regularly so when and if it becomes more severe than some procedure in order to remove those precancerous cells is being advised.