I had breast augmentation and unpredictable complication happened. The scar tissue formed around the implants which caused breast to harden, even look different. The surgeon said that capsular contracture is the most common complication following breast augmentation. Anyway I have heard that Accolate can soft scar tissue significantly. I would like to hear what study says about Accolate.

Accolate taken twice a day for about three months has been shown to result in a softening of the scar tissue around the implants in approximately 50% of cases. I one study forty randomly chosen patients with capsular contractures( scar tissue) were given Accolate and experienced dramatic softening of the breasts over 3-6 months. In another study, thirty patients with scar tissue used Accolate for 12 months and 50% experienced softening of the breasts. If you have a capsular contracture, the doctor will most likely recommend a trial of Accolate before considering surgical intervention. However, I think you should consult the doctor before you start with any treatment.