Hi, I started to go to aerobic classes because I wanted to strengthen my muscles a bit. The workout is great and I am starting to feel the benefits. My muscles are tighter and stronger but that is not everything. I have noticed that my general wellbeing has improved. My instructor says that this is because my cardiovascular system also benefits from aerobic. I didn't know that aerobic can help me to get healthier. How does my heart benefit from aerobic?

Hello, aerobic is one of the best ways to improve your general health and not just your muscle tone. When you do aerobic exercises you breathe in much more oxygen than usual. This helps to expand your lungs capacity. Because of the increased oxygen levels your blood has to flow faster to deliver this oxygen to every cell in your body. The heart is then forced to pump stronger to provide more blood. Heart is a muscle too and it also gets stronger while you exercise. The blood vessels expand to let the blood flow even faster. This way not only your cardiovascular system but your entire body feels the result of your workout.