i had an abortion 4 days ago..afterwards i felt fine and mentally and physically back to normal and happier as i was miserable while i was pregnant..i didn't bleed much at all the first 2 days and it wasn't just blood it was lighter color..then the last 2 days i've been bleeding heavily and woke up this morning with a lot of blood and passed about 6 small clots and there was 1 very large clot .. is this normal or cause for concern?

yea. its normal. after the abortion you are going to be bleeding for i think about 3 -10 weeks if not less than that. you will have clots. its supposed to be the tissue. Just make sure to go to your follow up visits.

Hey . I had an abortion on the 4th April.
Your supposed to bleed for around 2 - 3 weeks.
Some people bleed more some people bleed less.
Clots are normal of all size, expect them, thats what I was told.
I was told just to not look at them and carry on with everything.
Bleeding is not nice but for me its now a relief as when I was pregnant I wished so much to have a period.
Dont worry about anything and you can always ring FPA if you want answers.
=]

Hi, I had an abortion 3 weeks ago and i am still bleeding. One day im not then the next i am. I was worried to but when i asked my doctor he saod it was normal. I just keep going to my check ups so that i know that evrything is ok. You should be fine so long as you check with your doctor xxx

They told me i will only have a period for a week just a regular period...now mine im a little worried about i had mine done actually on Feb 27th of this year just a couple of days ago,i feel fine for now,i even went shopping right after i had got done and i had to travel for about an hour or so to get there so i relaxed for a few and went shopping because that always makes me feel better,and what that girl was saying my period right now is light like i was spotting for a little bit and i bleed more but it just goes back and forth,its kinda crazy i believe in taking herbs and stuff that natural i didnt take any medicine during the process.which the pain sucked because i could feel it ...it was hard to stay relaxed but the people who did it said i handleed it real well the only thing is i would like to know what i could take as like something to drink or eat to not get an infection cuz it scares me to think you could die from this.....and idk im just really scared and im kinda worried....

i had an abortion 1 week ago im ready to die

I know how sad having a termination can feel. I had one 1 1/2 weeks ago. I had no choice as i had been taking the pill whilst pregnant for 8 weeks anyway. I have a 5 month old already which made it harder. I have blamed myself and wanted to hurt myself for the guilt i have felt.

However i know i did the right thing for me, my partner, my son and the child i would have had. I have to remind myself of that when im feeling really down and hope that one day it will be a little less hard.

Don't suffer alone though, if you're having a tough time please talk to someone. I've found talking to a professional helped me alot. Just ask a doctor. There isn't enough recognition for how hard a thing it is to go through physically and emotionally.

I had a pill abortion 3 and a half weeks ago. im bleeding heavy on and off still. i feel fine. i am still getting huge clots. its very annoying. any ideas?

i took the RU486 4 days ago. everything went good except for today i had huge thick clot coming out from my vigina it's like egg size and very hard to push
anyone can help me please

Guest wrote:

=] [/quote

Hey i had an abortion on December 17th 09 wow did that hurt.. I had my son June of 2008, so i really havent had a normal period since because i had the mirena inserted in my cervix but it made me feel uncomfortable so i had it removed so my period was not really norma since so i expected my bleeding to be exxtrem. It is not filling a pad up to fast it takes a few hours but when i use the restroom everytime i pee blod poors out of me. I just uses the bathroom recently and a blood clot kind of big well the biggest ive seen came out and i paniked so i came to the interet and found your post and just wanted to tell you thank you this calmed me down. my check up is on the 1st so i will make sure to go thank you

I too had my abortion on Dec 17th 09. I had light bleeding for 2 days then for the next 2 days I had excruciting pains until I passed a couple of huge clots. Now I just have kind of a bloody mucus which only seems to appear in the evenings or if I've been to the toilet. Anyone know if this is normal? I have to have a check up sometime after the 31st. Will probs go Monday 4th when they re-open. I had the copper coil fitted at the same time as my abortion too

I had an abortion on 31st dec 09.I was 11weeks gone but due to the pill failing fell pregnant.I am still struggling emotionally and feel theres not many people i can talk to,although my friends have been very supportive i wonder what there really thinking.After the operation i was surprised that i wasnt told what would happen after and i wasnt given any information leaflets,or councelling numbers and i havnt been told to come back for a follow up check,most people on here say they have follow up apts well i havnt and am worried as im bleeding (fresh blood) and find it hard to sit straight at times and still get sharp pains in my stomach.I have no idea whats normal and whats not as i felt after my procedure they forget about me.Im back to work and trying to get my life back together but tv,mags,celebs etc all make it hard to move on as i feel babies are everywhere making me feel guilty all the time. Anyone know of any good sites i cant find after termination info?x

I had an abortion after having my first cos it was just to soon. After having it i was sent home with the pills. After about 3 to 5 hrs later i started weeing handfulls of blood clots. I went to the hospital after instructed by the emergensy ward but when i got in there it stopped so i went home. Wich was very stupid but i had a very controlling partner. Anyway now i am trying to have another baby but i was just wondering could this be stopping me from falling pregnant could there be sometging wrong?? I had the abortion bout 3 years ago

For all of you ladies talking about big clots and pain my doctor said if you pass a clot egg size or larger you need to contact your doctor as that can be cause for concern.

Also if you are feeling a lot of pain not being controlled by tylenol or midol you want to contact your doctor.

If you are feeling sore and push HARD on your pelvic area and it hurts this may mean you have an infection.

Hope this helps anyone going through this.

i had to have an abortion due to medical reasons i had it 5 days ago and am bleeding so heavy i cant leave the house and passing several large clots a couple of times a day in complete agony i have a 6 month old to look after and am finding it really difficult emotional im fine as i know i made the right chioce for my son me and my partner was wondering if i should be concerned about the bleeding or not?