How effective is albuetrol in treatment of chronic bronchitis? Does it heal the disease or just increase the symptoms? I’ve got severe lung infection that developed into bronchitis. I can feel that my breathing passages are narrower and cause me difficulties in breathing and shortness of breath. I’ve got albuetrol aerosol to use 4 times a day. I’ve noticed some changes since have started with therapy. I think that they may be side effects of the drug, and they are palpitations and chest pain. Are these reactions common in treatment of chronic bronchitis?

These side effects occur rarely, but are associated to albuterol’s mechanism of action. That’s why it’s used with precaution or even avoided in heart rhythm problems and patients with high blood pressure. Albuterol affects blood vessels and can cause problems with circulation. You should talk to your physician that prescribed you this medication about what you’ve noticed. You’ll get new drug or be monitored.