I too am allergic to all antibiotics, plus statins, and steroids, and latex.
Go see a homeopathic MD, who can give you meds that will build up your immune system. I have been seeing mine for over 10 years, and I haven't gotten sick, so I don't need antibiotics. Wear a medical bracelet that states your allergies in the event of an emergency. I have also seen an allergist for confirmation.
Problem is a dentist who wanted to give me antibiotics for a procedure involving implants. I just asked him to not do this and just give me dentures.

What did you find out?? Going thru the same thing

Hi. I am having exact same thing. All antibiotics have severe reaction Now the mds are baffled

Did you ever find a solution?

What do you do if you get sick ? How can you live like that ? I'm having same issues and I'm so so scared

Please let me know how this turned out. I have exact same thing and am terrified

I wear a bracelet with the International medical symbol which reads "Allergic to all Antibiotics, Steroids, Statins, and Latex." I see a homeopathic Dr. here in NYC, and she has given me Hahnemann Health products to take 2 x per day. They are Homeo-Vit ImmunoMait-DMG; HomeoVit AAI; and HomeoVit Cardio Protect. These prevent me from getting sick. When I had an allergic reaction to drugs, the only person who could cure my itchy, red, blotchy rash all over my body was a Chinese acupuncturist. But he warned me that these drugs are beginning to affect my liver, and that I must NOT take any more. He did a detoxification procedure in my ear, where there are lots of acupuncture points. Now, I have to have some dental surgery, and the dentists is very insistent on giving me an antibiotic. I have called my acupuncturist, and he is now researching whether there is a Chinese medical equivalent to an antibiotic. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this website. I, too have been told by MDs that they will not treat me once I show them my list of drugs that cause allergic reactions, which I carry in my purse. I am praying that my acupuncturist can find something in Chinese medicine to me for this dental surgery.

Hoping your acupuncturist can find an equivalent for you, I can't have antibiotics, flouride (which is in so many medications and food now) and have gotten to the point that I can't even have tiny doses of medications or supplements. Please keep us updated as to your progress and what your acupuncturist find. Good luck!

I just got an e-mail from my periodontist, reassuring me that he and I will work it out.

I have just spoken to my wonderful Chinese acupuncturist (Dr. Han in NYC), and he says that he can do a special kind of acupuncture the day before my dental surgery that will protect me from having an allergic reaction to an antibiotic.
I also e-mailed my dentist, telling him how there are loads of people with this allergy, whom I learned about on this website and that many had posted some alternatives to antibiotics, which I listed for him. He wrote back that I should not worry, and that we will work out this problem. Thank you so much to all who have contributed information on this problem.

New Member
Sounds like you may have found some options.. hoping everything goes great for you! Could you let us know how well the acupuncture treatment works for avoiding allergic reaction? I was the one who posted earlier about not being able to take antibiotics, flouride and most meds, I may need dental work done by end of summer and would love to know how this all works out for you. Good luck!

Sure, I will let you know how it works out.

I am so happy that yesterday, my dentist agreed to pull my tooth and put in a denture (rather than an implant), and he has agreed NOT to use an antibiotic.
But I did find out that I could go to my Chinese acupuncturist one day before the dental surgery and he would give me acupuncture and possibly some Chinese herbs. Look up a long article on the overuse of antibiotics and at the very end, it will tell you about Chinese herbs which will prevent you from having an infection. But it stresses that you MUST go to a professional Chinese medical person to give you the correct dosages. But this is an alternative, which though it may take some research (and a visit to your local Chinatown), the article, near the end, states that acupuncture and Chinese medicine can be used in lieu of antibiotics to prevent infection.