Hi, I would like some information concerning alternative treatment for depression. I wanted to take capsules of St. Johnswort as an a natural antidepressant. Is it safe and how long can I use these?

Hi, I used to take 50 mg of thiamin (Vitamin B1), what is much more then FDA recommendations, to improve moods and exhibit faster reaction times. Some studies reported that those on 100 mcg of the trace mineral selenium had less depression, anxiety, and tiredness problems. Hypericin, main active ingredient has multiple mechanism of action: a non-selective blockade of the reuptake of serotonin, noradrenaline and dopamine; an increase in density of serotonergic and dopaminergic receptors and an increased affinity for GABAergic receptors. Hypericum should be take for at least four weeks before i to see some results. Extract of St John’s wort has proven it’s efficacy in moderate to severe depression and is as effective as several tricyclic antidepressants or fluoxetine, with better tolerance.