I had my hemorrhoids taken out this past Wednesday afternoon, the doctor was a little too upfront with me about the pain that I would go through. He actually said, "You are going to wish you were dead." It is now Friday evening 9:45p.m, and he was right. I still haven't had a BM, almost no sleep since the surgery. I am now suffering terribly with a pain that feels like my anus is going through contractions, (like it's being sucked up inside me). After each contraction I scream and gasp for air and they are getting more frequent, (2-3 minutes apart). Does anyone have a good answer that has felt this? What is it? What can I do? Also I have round blister like skin balls? Does anyone also know what these might be?

o.O

I had hemorroid surgery two weeks ago. I am a 35 year old female. I had two large internal, one external hemorrhoid and one cyst removed.

It is a serious surgery that I was not really prepared for. Some things helped me though and I thought I would post them with the hopes of helping anyone I can.

My skin was also inflamed and seemed worse than before. Thoses bumps have now reduced in size and the dostor says that after four weeks should be gone.

* Use a step stool to put your feet on during all BM. This helped me a lot. A doctor told me that toliets are not at the proper angle for BM, and especially being a short person, this really helped me more than any one thing. I could then lift using my hands and arms to get just the right angle to have a BM without passing out.

* I only used one of the pain pills as I know they cause constipation. I didn't want that. So I would really calm down by breathing in my nose and out my mouth to not be so anxious about the BM.

* Use bag balm and vitamin E on the area many times a day especailly before a BM to lube the area. I found using the finger cuff covers rather than a full glove worked best for me. That way it is less in the trash and can carry in my purse easier.

* I bought the individual wrapped hot dogs and froze them. After all BM's I would ice the area with one for about 10 minutes or so then get into a warm bath and soak. Sounds funny but they are the perfect size and hot dogs go with buns anyways. HA! This was a life saver.

* Lots of fiber in your diet. Not eating will only constipate you more. I have lived on beans, high fiber wheat tortillas, high fiber cereal, fruit (smoothies) and vegetables. I would take mineral oil nightly with my fruit smoothie and then the stool softner every morning with breakfast. Two weeks in and I am off all that and moving fine on my own for two days now.

* Tons of water. I didn't get enough one day and the next day was OUCH!

Burning ring of fire!!! wrote:

i know exactly what ur going thru. i have went thru this my whole life... and its very depressing and embarrasing. im now 17 and never told anyone about my severe butt contractions untill i was 16. when they get 2-3 minutes apart, your probly going to make a very large, maybe hard bowel movement. ( mine were large because i was only able to go once every 3 weeks.) if u cant or dont want to take a laxative, drink 64oz of water daily. it helps keep the stool soft. if u arent a big water drinker. drink 2-3 glasses of prune or pair juice a day. it helps, and as gross as prune juice sounds, its not that bad tasting! (or at least to me anyways.) do u loike cream corn or bean with bacon soup? they are great for u and helpfull! bean with bacon soup is not only tasty, but has 80% of dailey fiber if u eat the whole can. if u do choose to take a laxative, talk to ur doctor about miralax. its helped me to become normal!

I had surgery on August 6, 2010 and I wasn't prepared for the pain or the discomfort. I was so hurt that I wanted it all to be over-I wanted to die. Nobody told me about the BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD! Prepare for BLOOD when you have a bowel movement (BM). Don't let the post-surgery pre-bowel movement euphoria or super hero energy fool you. Day 3 is the day you will pray to a god.

The following Monday I went to work high on pain pills but obviously in distress. I didn't feel any pain until I ate some food and needed to go to the restroom to have a BM. I had to sit on a pillow all day masking the pain with pills that would soon run out. Luckily, the pain didn't worsen until I got home where I was on bed rest with my legs elevated and a lot of pillows- you have to have a soft mattress on your bed or you will suffer.

There were times I was insecure about odors and had to go to the restroom constantly to rinse or change the bandages I used to catch the blood that oozed from my anus. The blood was so RED. I felt like I smelled like blood and would ask close friends if they could smell me and tell me if they smelled anything odorous, but I didn't smell bad at all except one time when I applied too much medicine on my anus. I smelled like I had an opened wound that couldn't be seen until I went to the bathroom to freshen up.

When ever I needed to take a BM my body would shiver and I got the cold chills. At first my stool was rock hard and almost looked like sharp pieces of wood. I could feel how constipated I was and planned a new diet and learned about oils. Oh yeah, I also kept getting an erection out of this world....sorry for TMI but it's so true. My penis would be super erect when I had anal contractions.

Not only that, the thought of having to sit on the toilet bracing myself for the pain of having a BM made me not want to eat. I was constipated and I had a fissure. God, I thank You for getting me through that. Now, I still have moments when my mind will remember the pain and a BM can be a long drawn out process with warm water, baby wipes, and self-motivation. I still have anal contractions that can be cause a range of other physical reactions that can be either like sharp pains or pleasurable. If you're gay and you like to be penetrated, you might as well go straight or something because you'll whether you want to or not you will never enjoy "it" like you did before the surgery. On another note, BMs are not painful now when I void, but my hole is EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA tight and contracts all day long and the more it contracts the tighter it gets making a BM an "experience". lol

Overall, I'm glad I had the surgery and thankful that I'm healthy! Without a doubt, you will be a changed person for the better and look back and realize the pain wasn't all that bad.

I had these same contractions/spasms after my surgery. They lasted about one week, gradually getting less and less until they went away. They are very painfull and it seems like they would always happen when I was about to fall asleep. Hang in there, it will get better.

I had surgery a week and a half ago and yes i kinda wish i was dead. Iv never experienced such intense pain. I have found that a little weed helps ease the extremely painful spasms and a hot bath. My surgeon told me id be back at work within 3 days well its now a week and a half and i am still having intense spasms. I feel all your pain people this sucks. O and definitely take some light laxatives and eat fruit.

I loved your post especially the bit: "don't let the post op pre bowel movement euphoria or superhero energy fool you" I laughed out loud because I had certainly been fooled!
What puzzled me about your post is that you went back to work the following Monday. My surgeon has told me 4-6 weeks before I go back to work.
Anyway, it's Monday and I had the surgery on Thursday. Felt great after it. On Saturday I decided to not take the narcotics because they cause constipation. That lasted until my first attempt at a BM... Now I am doing the narcotics again but taking half of what I could take.
I am drinking water constantly and eating high fibre foods and chewing on prunes in my spare time... Not too many though.
This is how I am managing the bowel movements: I have a chair in the washroom that I can hold onto. My husband opted in for the first one but I think I hurt him ;) it's a bit like childbirth contractions. I make sounds like I have not made before and I let the spasms do the work. It was Sunday, after the op on Thursday, that I got to have a couple of real BMs and was very happy to have survived it.
The other thing I loved bout your post was the optimistic way you ended it. I am so happy that you're glad you had the surgery. I've certainly had my doubts especially since my (large, internal) haemorrhoids didn't really bother me, I thought, but I've had them for 20 years now and I am hoping their absence will make me realize how much better my life is without them!

I had surgery about 6 days ago. I was told you will feel better each day. I don't feel that's the case this far. The contractions are unbearable I scream every time there about 2 sometimes 10 mins apart. Sitz bath seem to help but I don't know why else to do. Having a bowel movement is the worst pain ever after surgery. How long will this last? I'm feeling desperate I have to take atleast two norcos before feeling any type of relief and that doesn't take the contractions away. I'm only 33 no kids yet and I'm afraid that I will get hemrroids again when I become pregnant. My friend who is a nurse told me to try Toradel , I e-mail
My doctor and waiting to see hopefully she will prescribe the medication. I'm eating fiber, lots of fluids including prune juice, gave up coffee and cheese. I'm taking probiotics and resting A lot by that I mean just laying in bed sleep hasn't come easy for me but I'm trying to avoid sleeping pills. Does anyone have any suggestions. I'm a very active person I can't workout and taken off work for a month. Please help !!!

God please help me I'm dying here second day after surgery my rear end feels so painfull haven't had a bm yet and I'm just so scarred.

Hey I saw what you wrote in 2010. I know it's a far later time from that time but just wanted to follow up with you and see how is everything now, I'm wondering if your still happy with the results or have you had any other side effects since your experience with after the the surgery?