For the most part I am a laid back person. I'm 25 years old, I'm competitive, I work in sales, involved in sports, very outgoing. I've been like this most of my life but I feel like my natural emotional response in any given extreme emotional situation is anger. I can laugh most things off, but sometimes there are certain things or certain people that anger me so much that it consumes me. I sometimes lash out at people when it is undesrved, and I feel like I don't act enough when it is warranted, I tend to bottle up my extremely angry feelings up instead. When I don't act, I've been driven to be so angry that I've either pictured or fantasized of killing someone on rare occasions. Now I know everyone gets that mad once in a while, but I've almost gotten to the point where I have no apathy for random people anymore at all. I assume people would rather screw me over than help me. One weird thing about me is I listen to extremely hardcore heavy death metal music; it wasn't a phase as a kid, I'm 25 and I still listen to it religiously. I don't know if that is even relevant.

I haven't had any traumatic experiences in my life or anything: parents divorced when I was 21 years old, was picked on quite a bit as a child because of my smaller size at the time, but that's about it.

Basically I'm sick of pushing people away with my angry personality and negative attitude. I almost feel like people are turned off of something about me before I even really get to know them, like they can see inside my soul before they even talk to me, and that they know that dark side of me. I want to be a happy person, but sometimes my anger almost depresses me. When people don't act the way I want them to I feel like they have something personally against me and that they're trying to get the best of or hurt me. Sometimes when I don't like someone, I do things to push their buttons to create a conflict, as if to give me a reason to get angry or lash out at them. I don't realize that I do these things until long after the fact.

This doesn't happen to me all the time, but often enough to make me wonder if I need help. Is it anger management issues or is it something deeper or more serious? Maybe I'm just worrying about nothing...
If I do have a problem, who do I go talk to? I dont know if I can afford a therapist or whatever people do. How do I find out if I need help what I should do to try and get help? No one is going to do this for me, I have to do it on my own...

Hi there. You really don't need to have some traumatic experience to have anger issues. Anger issues started to be something in our lives, that happens all the time.

I also never had any problems. My parents are together, my sister is married and she is having great kids, I have great GF, but sometimes it happens to me that I want to fight with all of them, that I want to be alone because I have some anger attacks and those attacks are not good.

I can't control my emotions at all and I was not able to get rid of my anger.

Here is what you always can do - talk to someone who can help you or you can start to do some sports activities, kick - box for example.

I am saying this because kick - box helped me a lot in controlling my anger issues.

Maybe it is going to help you as well. 

Anger is a necessary outlet of emotion. It's just that there are ways of expressing it that are more healthy than others. You can't get rid of your anger.

Sometimes learning to laugh at yourself is the best way to defuse a bad bout of rage.

Pfft, I've tried killng people countless times as a kid none succeeded, I've suffered with anger management issues since the age of six.I've hardly seen therapists, but I hold in now 75% of it. I know it's not good but better than outbursts everywhere.