Hello! I am 44 years old and I have recently been diagnosed with angiomyolipom on my right kidney. I complained of abdominal pain for some time and when I went to the doctor she told me that my kidney was the problem. I have another appointment in two days to make sure that that is really the case but I can’t wait to find out from the doctor. How dangerous the Angiomyolipoma on my kidneys is, should I be worried?

Hello! The angiomyolipom is benign tumor so you can relax a bit. It should not be very dangerous for you since you found out about it on time. Some people find out only when it already caused some bleeding and then they have complications. You will most probably be fine, but of course you will have to monitor the condition and maybe even have an operation if the tumor gets too big but I am sure that there is some therapy to prevent it from getting bigger too. I hope this put your mind to ease.

Hi! First of all I think your doctor will provide you with all the information you need to know when you need to know them. It is best to wait for your appointment and not listen to everything you hear. The most important thing is that it is benign tumor and not cancer, so it doesn’t spread on other organs or attacks healthy cells. When it comes to these tumors the only important thing is their size and you should wait for your doctor to determine the size of yours before you speculate further. Good luck and try not to worry!

for you Ms adina having tumor angiomyolipoma in rigth kidney is good that early you find it.u should not worry about thid coz this one is not cancer.if only 1-4cm still not quite big..but still it depends upon your health provider what decision...coz i have same like your case but mine already bleeding before i knew i had that diagnose and already soo big.doctors do embolisation in mt kidney to stop the bleeding it was successfull just now,but still in on my way any of the month for Operation..only in telling you never get worry but becarefull our angiomylipoma are not necessary for Operation unless have life threatening like hemorrahge so if that is big then your health provider will tell you what to do..thats all...Dont Worry

I have a large one on left kidney,,pain in both kidneys , other health if I have. Surgery to remove it ,,, won't that accelerate growth of other cyst ,,that may be already there.....

from what ive read , large Angiomyolipomas can spontaneously rupture causing bleeding that can be fatal i just found out i have a 12.2 cm and a 11.1 cm last year they were measured in mms which is much smaller than a cm.