Hello. I experienced my first anxiety attack a year ago after a bad relationship. Since then I have had others, before going to parties or before meeting certain people. A week ago my boyfriend of 5 months broke up with me. He was my first serious boyfriend. I put myself into a hole and stopped eating well, lost weight and was worrying 24/7. We ended up getting back together after 2 days but I was still very anxious about the relationship. I was worried that he would change his mind and whether or not he would love me less for having anxiety. I did tell him that I was experiencing these feelings and we decided to break up and leave the relationship alone. Is it normal to be this way? Or is it because I have had a bad relationship in the past and have learnt to deal with breakups in that way?
I am still not eating very well. I sleep well until the morning and then the anxiety kicks in. I am worrying about facing him and it makes me feel so sick.
I am trying writing things down but is there anything else I can do?
Thank you

I had similar problems! My boyfriend and I went through a break up last November we got back together a day later and everything was fine for months. This summer I started having a couple anxiety attacks when I would let my myself think about his feelings for me changing and that if he could break my heart once he could do it again. I tried to control my fearful thoughts but when I was with him they would worry me so much I would start thinking about everything I say and his reaction to it so much so that I actually couldn't speak to him or see him without getting so anxious I would get sick and throw up and once it started I couldn't stop... I lost alot of weight and am now trying to get it (also kicking a pot smoking habit that caused problems with my appetite and also part of my anxiety and depression). My biggest advice is DON'T keep this from your boyfriend! Him not knowing whats actually going on will only make him feel distant and depersonalized from you (what happened to me). I was completely honest with my boyfriend about my anxiety (even though I was scared he would would be freaked out about my anxiety) and what it did to the way I felt about him. We talked about allllll our feelings and have started the slow process of healing. Your boyfriend should be the one you can confide in if you have unresolved emotions the best thing to do is talk to him about it and maybe a professional if you guys have communication issues like many couples do. Anxiety comes from the unknown and not being able to face and evaluate your fears. talking all these feeling out will help that and make you feel more in control. There are other people going threw this thank you for sharing your story:)