About 5 1/2 years ago after the birth of my 2cnd child I started having severe anxiety. I was in a stressful job and having trouble getting my daughter to sleep. I wasn't sleeping because I was anxious worrying that she wouldn't sleep and therefore I wouldn't sleep. Of course, it was a snowball effect. I've had a history of minor anxiety my whole life and believe it his hereditary, but I had never experienced such severe anxiety and panic attacks. I believe it was just so much stress that it put me over the edge. Since that time I have struggled with anxiety and depression going on and off anti-depressants, Xanax, and trazadone. I had been off the anti-depressants for almost a year when I started having bad anxiety again recently.

My biggest problem is not sleeping. When I don't sleep it makes me anxious because of what happened 5 1/2 years ago. Now whenever I have a bad night sleeping I panic right away. Then I cause myself more anxiety because I'm afraid that I won't sleep, so then of course, I don't. I know that the lack of sleep isn't the underlying cause for the anxiety and that the reason I worry so much about it is because that's what caused the anxiety when I "went over the edge" 5 1/2 years ago.

Any ideas about how to get to sleep, stay asleep or be able to fall back to sleep after being awakened?? I think if I had the ability to control my sleep I wouldn't be so anxious about it. Advice???

Quote:

Unfortunate as it is sleeping cannot be controlled. However their are a lot of relaxation techniques and self hypnosis techniques that could calm you down enough to the point of falling asleep. I recommend seeing a hypnosis or a psychologist to learn these and get some more advice on the subject. As for the rest, just so you know xanax is a short but fast acting anti- anxiety medication so while it can't permanently take away your anxiety I would ask your doctor to see if its ok to take it when you begin to feel that anxiousness at night. Anyways Good Luck to you and if it may make you feel a bit better Ill explain a bit about my situation so you could maybe trust my advice a bit more. I am a 15 year old boy who has had severe anxiety and depression since I was 5 who is at the moment studying psychology so I can at least say I am not new to this stuff.

Anyways always make sure you consult your doctor when taking the advice that will be posted here in terms of what medications you should take.

Take Care and The Best Of Luck!

I had problems with anxiety too.But i cleared them with this supplement that really works,Kavinace.I found this product here: http://www.brainopinions.com/kavinace-reviews/
Hope it works for you as it worked for me!

Hiya I am the same but I need to take zopiclone to get me off I'm me up to 3 tablets as nothing less news nothing. It s quite worrying for the future. Again my GP put me on without me asking and after few weeks I was hooked.

I am at a loss of what to o n.

Teri

If your really not full of BS and zi kind of think u may b because no one has a lot of money and gets SSI. SSI is for low income Social Security Disabity perhaps but if u were actually receiving them I don't think u would b confused. What u need to do is go c a Dr. Be honest! Set yr goal on feeling normal not smoking weed! Isn't that what got u in trouble to begin with?