Just wondering what your recovery was like?

I had a thrombosed hemorrhoid removed yesterday and I'm nervous because I still haven't had a BM. I have 5 stitches and I'm so scared of ripping them! I'm trying to drink lots of water but I haven't been eating much over the last 2-3 days because of the pain so I know that might have something to do with it.

I'm just really scared and wondering if anyone else has experienced this?!

Hi kristicat, I'm sure by this time you've had a BM but my understanding is that you should be okay in terms of ripping your stitches if you've been taking stool softeners. Have you taken anything like that?

healthnfitnessguy wrote:

I have luckily had 2 at this point. The first one, not so bad, the last one was awful. I am taking stool softeners and staying away from constipating foods. I'm hoping to start feeling back to normal soon.