The thread on overweight people not fitting into seating got me thinking; are we, as physically active people, more accountable for our own health than someone who would not pass a BMI test or is sedentary? And if we are, does that make us judgmental over someone who, by their appearance, is not active?
I have to admit I look at people and think 'if they would just put down that cheeseburger and go for a walk.' Do I have a right to do that just because I exercise regularly? No. But I do it.
And I am not a size 4, just for the record. Chances are a very lean person may look at me and wonder why I'm not smaller.

Appearances are too deceiving to judge people. I know plenty of thin people who are in horrendous physcial condition. That doesn't mean I'm not judgemental but I try not to be.

Mr Aire lifts and runs daily. Does he fit the USAF BMI standards? No.

My boss, eats McDs EVERY STINKIN' day, no exercise, and smokes.

She is a size 2.

we all assign priorities differently. while the grossly overweight person may look at my bank account and wonder WTF is wrong with me, i'll look at his expansive waistline and have the same thought.

what we consider is important might be different but i would not call us fitter folks more responsible, just more health conscious. and my example would be more financially responsible.

no don't make me be serious again this week dammit, that's your limit. :wink:

Mr Aire lifts and runs daily. Does he fit the USAF BMI standards? No. My boss, eats McDs EVERY STINKIN' day, no exercise, and smokes. She is a size 2.
I can't decide which shocks me more - your boss, or that the USAF has BMI standards. :o :wink:

I can't decide which shocks me more - your boss, or that the USAF has BMI standards. :o :wink: :LOL: