I’m interested to know more about mechanism of bacteria as a pathogen. What do bacteria do in human body- intestine, respiratory system, to cause those symptoms typical in infections? And what do non pathogen bacteria do? There are probably so many things to say about this problem. Please explain me in few words if you know something about this. Thanks.

Human body is not perfect place to live for many bacteria. They are all over us and enter our bodies with every breath and every bite we take. Some bacteria are pathogen for humans and some are not, like some mushrooms are toxic and some we eat. Also, bacteria that are pathogen for humans may not be pathogen for animals. Pathogen bacteria have different mechanism to invade human cells- hepatocytes, blood cells, lymphocytes, intestinal tissue…As they cause reaction of immune response, mediators of inflammation are released and symptoms of disease occur. So, bacteria are just an antigen that causes production of antibodies. I don’t know how helpful did you find this, because there are so many things to tell about bacteria.