It's not for me, it is for a friend of mine. She has this, I don't know how to call it other than a chronic fear and she is anxious most of the time, biting her lips, eating her fingernails and stuff. I talked to her about it and she started crying saying that she knows how something is wrong with her but that she doesn't know what it is or what to do about it, that she is scared most of the time.

I wanted to ask you guys here about any tips and tricks for dealing with chronic fear and anxiety.

Resident

Could it be just a phase? Did she recently start to act like this or is this prolonging for quite some time now?

Anyway, she might want to talk to a psychologist if she is really suffering from anxiety. There are some medications and some herbal stuff which might help her out but she shouldn't really take any of these without consulting with her doctor first. So my advice is that she goes to talk to either her doctor or a psychologist, then they will instruct her on what to do next. And yes, one more thing, she should start exercising if she isn't exercising already.

She has been like this since I first met her and that was about a year ago. I liked her because she was weird, different, easy to notice in the crowd, you know? So I went to talk to her, told a couple of jokes, made her laugh. mostly because my jokes were that bad, and we were hanging out ever since. I never told her about this until know, I didn't know how she would feel about it and I didn't want to hurt her but I realized that I have to help her somehow so I finally got the courage to talk to her about it.

Resident

That is so sweet, I think that you love her but you don't want to admit it. Well, she should certainly be happy for having you around since you care that much about her.

Well, since she already knows that she has a problem then I am sure that she will be willing to do whatever it takes to overcome it. Like I told you already, she should talk to a psychologist. If you are really important to her as she is to you, she might listen to what you suggest her to do so I think that it is your responsibility to make her talk to a psychologist.

I do love her, you are right, but I love her as a friend, there are more types of love than just one and I truly love her as a friend.

You are right, I want to help her, I want to do something about it, I somehow really feel responsible for helping her overcome this. I am going to talk to her about all of this and I am going to tell her that she needs to talk to a psychologist. I think she will listen to me. Is there anything else that I should tell her, anything else that would help her?

Celebrity

Hi there. There are couple of tricks that you can try out. All those tips are generally connected with breathing and I believe that this is the oldest technique. But, it is also the best technique if you ask me. Here is what you should do. First, focus on your breath. Maybe it seems funny or hard to you, but you should. Also, take a breath in for about 7 seconds, and than slowly breath out for 11 seconds for example. 

This is the best way to learn breathing techniques and I am sure that this small trick will help you. 

People are usually faced with the fear when they have problem with anxiety. That is all somehow connected. Well, when chronic fear and anxiety are combined together, the person usually imagines the worst. Well, trust me, you are really good if you are able to face with it and if you chase your fear and you start to think positively. Also, I agree that breathing is the best technique ever. You should use it always, even in those moments when you are facing with the fear. Once you accept that you are dealing with some problem, it would be much easier to deal with it. At least that worked in my case.

Hi there. I was reading about the amazing technique and it really makes a sense! I found it on the internet and love to share it with people. This technique is called AWARE technique. Now you are probably wondering what this means. Well, A is for accepting anxiety. That means that you should not try to fight it, but accept it. W is for watching the axniety. That means that you just need to watch it, and to notice what is going on. When you see that something is wrong, start to breath deep. Another A is for "acting normal". Even when you notice that your behavior is different, try to act like nothing is going on. R is for repeat those previous steps. And finally E is for excepting the best. Try it!I think that this is amazing.

Celebrity

Hi there. Those people gave you really good advice. You should try to tell them to your friend and hope that this will be good for her. I also have heard about this technique and I also have heard that it is good, but this technique she can't apply alone, without any help. 

I believe that she needs an expert to explain every single step of this technique. I mean, it is easy for us to read and to say that it is hard, but it is not. I mean, whatever I have tried I was not able to deal with anxiety alone. 

Celebrity

Good day!

It is very important to offer a support to person who needs to deal with chronic fear and anxiety. Also, you can suggest her those so popular nature therapies. That means that you can tell her to go out and walk into woods, to spend more time in nature because generally, nature relaxes everyone. When you are connected with nature, you will feel much better emotionally. I like it! 

Whenever my chronic fear is back I go out and I take very, very long walks. I feel so fresh after this, I just can't describe you the feeling.