At what stage of liver disease does the Bilirubin become high.?

Measurement of the amount of bilirubin in blood serves only as a very rough indicator of the condition your liver is in. For the most part, if you suffer from hepatitis C, bilirubin levels will only be moderately high - only if there is another, additional reason for a liver functions to decrease, like use of alcohol or certain medications, bilirubin levels will become very high and that might mean that the liver damage is much bigger than it was only due to hepatitis C.

How do I know what stage of liver disease I am in from my blood work? I had a liver biopsy done 7 years ago it showed I have stage one inflammation. I continued to have blood work done they kept telling me I am fine. Now my doctor says I have early stages of cirrhosis. How does he know what stage of liver disease I have without doing another liver biopsy?

I already went through 48 weeks of Interferon and Ribivirian. My viral load was at about 9 million copies prior to treatment now I am at 23 million the doctors say that isn't a clear indicator.

I'm not an expert, bus as I said, bilirubin is only a rough measure of liver function, there other also much more liver specific blood test measurements which would indicate the level of liver function, such as measurements of albumin and various liver enzymes (ALT, AST, GGT and ALP). There are others, of course, and these test results are the ones who could have pointed out your doctor. But what didi he recommended after he concluded that there is early stage of cirrhosis?

Nothing not much more they can do. I just try and eat as best I can. Try to make it through the day at work and come home and collaspe. I have to figure out when they let you go on permanant disability. When I am working there is to much stress. I don't have the energy to shop prepare and eat right.
I do know that diet and stress are contributing factors in the progression of liver disease.

Thank you for helping me and being there to talk to.