New Reply New Topic Followed by 18 people

Hi, I'm a bit of a newbie here! But I can't stop thinking about this thing that happened to me about a month ago. My mum said she would take me to the doctor, but she hasn't, so I'm trying to find the answer on the internet. I'm 15 and female, btw!

Well, I was standing in subway, waiting for the line to move, when suddenly I was overcome with nausea and a feeling of coldness, I got goosebumps all over. At first I didn't worry because this actually happens to me quite a lot and it usually goes away after about a minute. But this time it didn't, so I told my friend I felt kind pretty sick (they didn't actually pay much attention, they thought I was kidding around haha!). But then all of a sudden I couldn't see anything!! As if that wasn't frightening enough, I got a friend to help me, and as she was talking her voice just faded away and I couldn't hear her either! It was like I was underwater, I had to listen really hard to hear her and she had to repeat a lot of stuff. Anyway thankfully she got me a chair and I sat down and after a while my hearing came back and then my vision, although it was slightly blurred for a while. Overall I think the whole thing lasted about two minutes, and I was fully conscious for the whole thing.

Any idea what happened there? A friends dad said it sounded like I had low blood sugar or something. Is that serious? Should I really go to a doctor?

:-( Anybody at all?

Go to the Doctor Girl.
This is a sign of low blod sugar which is a symptom of Diabetes and needs to be treated. Especially if you get the nausea quite regularly

omg this is exactly what happened to me a few minutes ago.. im still pretty shaky and wanted to know what happened to me. it also lasted a few minutes... when i stand up i sometimes feel light headed and cant see for a few seconds or more. im also 15. so i would help you but im in need of the same advice.

I have had this very thing happen to me several times. The last time was today while I was at work. I finally went to the dr this time and she said it sounded like I have low blood sugar which can go into diabetes. Go to the doctor! I'm 21, by the way, but the first time it happened to me, I was probably right around your age.

I'm 18 and had this same problem today. I was getting my prom dress fitted and I was fine one minute and the next minute i started blacking out. There are a few other times I can remember this happened to me. While I was getting a tattoo on the back of my neck I had to keep my chin to my chest. About 45 minutes into the tattoo I started to get dizzy, nauseous, and eventually blacked out completely. This also happened to me once at the tanning salon. The first time it happened was when I was about 11 riding bikes with my friend.

Hi, I'm 18 and this has also happened to me a few times. The first a few years ago after a bike ride, then when i had a nasty fall, and nearly today. I've always thought it might be due to dehydration. But I've been for a blood test recently for a different problem and wasn't told that anything was wrong with my blood suger levels

Same thing as well....although might've been a little different

It's happened a few times
For me
When I walk into different rooms I get lightheaded a little and blackout for a few seconds
One time when I was under hot lights after being exhausted all day I blacked out while singing while going down the stairs
And today I was dissecting a frog and it happened again

Havent felt the nausea or goosebumps though so it might be different
Another symptom I had was sweating....Not just normal sweating but sweating from unusual areas for me (back, forearms, head, butt???)

It might've been that I was a little exhausted seeing how it was 7:30AM
But...
I have had 'signs' of diabetes as well, muscular twitches in my arms and legs...
I'd suggest to get checked out. But really I'm in basically the same situation

O_O! i get the same symptoms, but i get them when i stand for a long time. did you ever go to the dr and see if it really is low blood sugar?

I had the exact thing happen to me twice and was able to prevent it from happening two other times. You described it perfectly. Mine always starts with horrible nausea and progresses to loss of sight and hearing, profuse sweating and only lasts a few minutes. I am absolutely convinced each time it happens that I am dying. I have seen two different general practice doctors, two cardiologists, a neurologist and have had an enormous number of tests done. I have had over 5 blood tests, an MRI, an EEG, several EKGs, CT scans, three halter monitor tests, a stress test, a heart ultrasound and more I can't even remember in just this past year. No one seems to have any clue what it is and it keeps happening even though I try to ignore it. I am desperate for ideas if anyone has any, the doctors keep telling me I am too young (22) and perfectly healthy and what I am describing is impossible (which it obviously isn't because I am not the only one it's happening to). Any ideas or suggestions are extremely appreciated.

I have had the same thing happen to me. Actually most recently in a subway line up too! I am a very active and healthy woman (27 years old) and have very low blood pressure. Because of this, I am more prone to black out. The best thing to do is sit down as soon as you start to feel this way and usually it passes. Make sure you are drinking lots of water and don't let yourslef get too hungry. Next time you go to the doctor make sure you get your blood pressure checked. If it turns out you have low blood pressure that's actuallt a good thing :-)
I hope this helps

Hi!I get this a few times a year. I am 44 and it started in my teens as well. It is a combination of low blood pressure, low blood sugar and dehydration.I always carry candy, a granola bar and water in my purse from now on. My doc also said I was low on potassium so now I drink an energy drink every day.keep hydrated!

The same thing happened to me today while riding the subway. I felt a little motion sickness and then I started to sweat. Sounds became muffled and everything was turning white, and I could hardly see. I somehow noticed the train had stopped and I managed to get out and I found a bench and sat down and slowly my sight and hearing came back. I was really scared because I was alone and thought I was going to pass out.

After reading these comments, I think it was low blood sugar levels, for I hadn't eaten anything all day and I was really dehydrated too. We should take care of our health.

Hi all.. I had a totally similar experience with Guest. in the morning i felt a little nausea.. But i still went to work.. When i was in the train, suddenly i felt numb.. a little cold. Then the numbness flows up from my leg to arm, tongue, head etc.. I tried biting my tongue but no feeling.. Next, i couldnt hear and my eyes slowly turn blurry to total blackness.. This lasted for quite long.. I don't feel giddy tho.. I just could not see.. Was really scary.. I shook my head vigourously etc i still could not c.. till after like 15 mins or so went by and i slowly regain my sight. So i fell onto a seat and i sweat profusely. Wonder whats wrong with me.. i'm gonna c a doc soon.. However, i'm afraid they cant see anything wrong and will ask me to waste my money doing all range of test. =(

Today i was walking down a hill with a friend when i stopped for a moment and my legs just went followed by my eyesight blacking out then my hearing went but all i could hear was this noise like that i can only describe as loud alarm or generator in my head, it only lasted a short time, but after i felt a bit like i couldn't think straight.

It was really scary and i also thought i was dying, terrifying.

Went straight to the doctors who checked my blood pressure and it was low, he seems to think it was the cause of the black out, said to keep an eye on it and if it happened again to call 999.

Hope it doesn't happen again.