I have been bleeding since my surgery on the 20th. Today has been an akward day much like day 4 after my surgery. After day 4 I had gel-like bowel movements. I was afraid there was an infection. I am showing no other signs indicating that and 2 BM's later things were fine.

Moving to today... I have had clotting in my stools. And while I am a woman and any woman can relate to the clotting. The whole bowl was red and I am quite freaked out... It's rather weird coming from your anus. This happened before I had my surgery and I thought it was because of the hemorrhoids, but now I am thinking not?

Can anyone else out there relate? %-)

If the bowl is red then that indicates that you are bleeding from your stitches, and that may be slowing down your recovery. At least it's red which means that it is not bleeding inside or something and that it is limited to the rectum. I think it would be a good idea to contact your doctor and make sure that this is not a big issue. i don't think that it is going to turn out to be a huge issue but be sure. Keep us posted.

ok i had my surgery on the 31st of may and i am still bleeding!! After every bowel movement the toilet paper is bright red blood. After yesterdays bowel movement i saw blood clots!! This isnt normal right?