New Reply New Topic Followed by 16 people

hi..i am a 23 year old female and for the last 6 weeks i have been bleeding non stop. There are times were there is old blood and then the next day it is fresh new heavy blood,other days all it is blood clots the whole day. i am really concerned.

You need to see your doctor (gyn) right away. It is not good to bleed that long. It probably has to do with hormonal disorder, you just need to find out which hormones.

You need to have this bleeding stopped, otherwise you may develop anemia. A gyn will give you a shot to stop the bleeding and probably order some hormonal tests to see what's going on.

I had this too! I still have it. I've been bleeding since around August 29th. I went to my doctor but she refused to give me a pap smear because I was bleeding. She told me to call up and make an appointment for when I'm no longer bleeding. She wouldn't listen to anything I said but obviously wasn't concerned. Some days its brown blood and times like today it's SERIOUS bright red bleeding that I go through a pad or two in a short time. I have clotting too but apparently it means your uterus is clamping down and trying to stop the "period". I think it's something serious but obviously she doesn't. And it's not like I can just go ahead and get a new doctor, apparently, military personal don't need good health insurance, so I'm stuck with this one woman that doesn't care at all about what's going on with me. Yay! So, please go to your doctor and report what she says so maybe I'll be able to ask my doctor who is so clueless if I have the same thing.

kupelian104 wrote:

Im 17 years old and I am on birth control and have had a lot of blood work done b/c i have too much of one hormone..I have had to try 5 different birth controls.. And For 3 months i have been bleeding and one day its dark and apparently that means its old blood but then next day its bright and heavy and i go through pads and tampons with in a short amount of time. Im now having to go through other tests because now they are not so sure what is wrong and my period seems to not be stopping or slowing down anytime soon. Im scared and worried and have no idea what is wrong..Help?

WOW this is scary because it is happening to me to. This has never happened to me . Ive been bleeding for a month straight minus one week. My co-worker had this same problem except she bled for about 3 months. She said they did a DNC I guess this is when they go in and scrap the lining of your uterus. She had pulips which kept making her bled and by scraping them off it's like starting fresh she said. She was also having infertility problems and as soon as she got the DNC she got pregnant. She also mentioned that it could be endometris or sometyhing like that. This is where the lining travels out side the uterus and forms on the ovaries or the outside wall of the uterus.

I'm in the same boat as all of you above!!! its been 6 weeks now and two doctors have put me on hormones, which have lightened it but have not taken it away!! the hormones are making me SOOO sick! I've been taking two birth control pills a day for the past month and the moment i go down to one, my period gets really heavy again. All tests have came back normal so i'm really frustrated about what to do!!

so in all the postings i've seen no one has confirmed what the problem and/or solution was/is... does anyone have one or heard anything??

im only 16 and im on the pill, but im on my fifth week of bleeding. i have tried not taking my pill but that has only made it worse. Im really scared because i dunno what to do.

my sister told me i might have a cyst on my ovaries but im not sure and im scared to find out..

Please help me :-(

I am 28 and this is happing to me and has been going on for 3 months. OF course, my husband is frustrated because we have not been able to have sex. I went to the doctor and she told me I have PCOS and put me on 500mg of Metformin. This has not helped and I am waiting on my upcoming next appointment. I am so tired of this I want another baby and all I do is bleed. I am like the rest of you sometimes it is old blood and some times heavy bright blood, however, I do feel a constant squeezing in my lower abdomen. I was thinking of going to the ER maybe they will dig alot further than my doctor does what do you think?

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Ok so I started a birth control that kept me from bleeding for 3 months. Well it was the worst mistake of my life. When the third month hit and I was supposed to have my period I had it for like a month. I informed my doctor and she said its pretty normal. So I was like "sure you know my body is making up for all the blood its missed." I did not have a period for a week then I started on another birth control that I was previously on before the 3 month one. I bled through the entire pack. I went to my doctor and told her this was abnormal and it has to stop I am getting depressed (with already having serious depression) and I constantly feel nauseated. I can not loose weight because I gained it on the 3 month birth control. So she took my blood finally and told me I had PCOS which is what you guys might have. She was gong to put me on straight up estrogen but I smoke and it would put me at a very high risk for blood clots so she put me on a very high inflamatory medicine that is supposed to stop the bleeding. Once the bleeding stops I am supposed to call her back and she is going to put me on a birth control that ups the dosage every day. well I have been on the inflamatory medicine for 5 days the first 2 i did not have a period (i was happy) then I started a period that is 10x's worse than I have ever had. I am currently trying to get a hold of my doctor to find out whats going on. I remember her stating that my body has to quit bleeding then start a new period to start the birth control. Although, was I supposed to start my period after 2 days!!!???

what I am getting at is maybe you should ask your doctors to check you for PCOS. Read the symptoms and perhaps you have it. I am almost 99.5% sure I have it from what I have read. and if I have to have surgery to scrap something off my ovaries I am going to be one pissed off little Heather. Tell me if this helped.

I'm having the same issue. I'm 31 years old, no children, never been pregnant, and I never want children. I've always had very irregular periods. They're never predictable, last 5-10 days, very painful and heavy. When my period stops, I usually start 2-3 weeks later so it feels like I'm always on my period. Starting in September, 4 months ago, I was spotting heavily in between periods. Then I bled 32 days straight like I was going to die. I went to my gyno, he examined me, then ran me thru tons of testing for cancers, growths, hormone imbalances, etc, etc. All my tests came out "normal." He suggested birth control pills which I flat refused. Every single doctor I have seen for this issue puts me on birth control which causes me to bleed nonstop, the problem I already have! So my gyno laid out the options for me and I chose a hysterectomy. He was still hesitant with my decision because he thinks I'm young and may change my mind on having children, however we got my husband a vasectomy 9 years ago to be sure we didn't get pregnant, so I am sure I don't want children. My surgery is scheduled in 3 weeks and I'm so relieved that there is an end in sight!!! Not only will my bleeding and pain stop, I won't have to deal with my irregular periods anymore. Since all my tests came out "normal" my doc says I'm just one of the unlucky ones who has female issues without any explanation. Although there is still a possibility that they may find something when they go in and do the hysterectomy, but I won't know that until then.
I have to say that I'm thrilled that I found a doctor willing to do a hysterectomy on me. I tried getting my tubes tied 9 years ago and got laughed at by so many doctors because "I'm too young." That's why my husband had a vasectomy. I wish more doctors let a person decide what they want in life and not push their own agenda on us!

Hey girls, I am going on 6 weeks bleeding. I have seen a specialist in boston becasue this also happend in augest. He did a laproscopy in september to remove endomitriosis adn then put me on birthcontrol for 3 months straight well aftr the 3rd month he told me to continue but i started bleeding anyway so they have since changed my birthcontrol 2 times and i am still bleeding it is depressing and really straining my relationship. I wish it would stop!

Guest wrote:

hello

Anonymous wrote:

Guest wrote:

hello

hello im 23 years old when i was 19 years old i had to have a blood transfusion due to heavy bleeding my blood count was at a 2
i am 23 now and im starting to have the problems again i have been bleeding for 1 month and i know how serious it is because i almost lost my life behind the doctor telling me it was normal so i would suggest that everybody gets more then one opinion on the subject. thanks and hope every thing goes well. god bless :?

Hey, the same thing happened to me! When I was 19 I had my period for a month straight, it was very heavy and I was clotting. I went to the hospital and had to have a blood transfusion. The doctor told me I wouldve died if I didn't come in to hospial when I did. They gave me birth control pills and it slowed down re bleeding then eventually stopped. They said it was caused by a homonal imbalance on my pituitary gland. So anyone who is having this problem, go to the hospital emergancy room if your doctor won't listen to you. It's dangerous to bleed that long!good luck, hope everything turns out ok.