New Reply New Topic Followed by 16 people

I'm 39 years old and had my period now for 6 weeks.
Went seen a doctor.over week ago and all she gave me some pills.to.stop the.heavy bleeding which doesn't help.
Also I really want to get pregnant too.
But now.I'm on a long waiting list to have a scan done to find out what going on with my periods.

I have endometriosis. I have had to,have a blood transfusion because of,bleeding so long and so much. The only way the can,tell, if its endo is a laposcopy. Maybe ask your obgyn for a referral,to a specialist.

I had this problem ladies I got the name for it. It's https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menorrhagia

Also thyroid gland can cause problems like this as well

OMGOSH!! I am so sorry you got to deal with a Doctor like that! Well its been 30 days today to be e exact and my uterus is hhurting.. Hopefully I can I can get some results

Hi im 47 I've had a thyroidectomy a year and a half ago but the last 6-8 months I'm bleeding for six weeks and not for 2weeks then 6 again and 2not it's very dark what should i do help please

I'm 35 years old and recently had my thyroid removed. My cycle started acting funny but I though it was me just getting older until I started bleeding and didn't stop for what is now five weeks. So I went to my doctor (gyn) and she said it was because of my thyroid level being out of whack. So a simple blood test might give you some answers. Plus I have a lot of pain and I get very sick with my periods and it was recently discarded I have mutible cysts on one ovary and a large cyst on the other so that might be something you guys want have checked out too.

I'm 17 years old and I've been having the same problem. I'm very irregular, I won't have my period for months and then when it comes it's mostly regular but there are the occasions where i last for 3 weeks but nothing this extreme. It's been 6 weeks since I've started my period and it hasn't stopped, it started very light and then became regular and like after 3 weeks it's been stopping and started up again after a day and a half. After that stopped rn its been very heavy with a lot of clots.

i am 29 years old. am also facing he same problem. i have my continuous spotting for last 3 months. i went to doctor and she told me no issues on the health , everything is perfect. but i asked her what was the problem , she is telling no issue, i am afraid .

please give your suggessions

Google umlingo wamangcolosi i had the same problem went form doctor none of them help i took umlingo 4 four months it really helpd

I am only 14 and this has happened to me too!! This has been going on for 7 weeks, minus one week in between. I told my parents, and my mom said that as long as it doesn't bleed excessively (ex. through a tampon), then you shouldn't have to go to the ER. We haven't scheduled an appointment yet, but I feel terrified. I AM ONLY 14. I have no idea what's causing this but I know none of the causes will be good. I have gone through so many pairs of pants, I even ruined a chair! Please SOMEONE help me, not knowing anything is killing me.

Feeling so frustrated and sad. I've been bleeding for 6 weeks now and have no answers. GYN found a cyst on my ovary and started birth control 2 weeks ago. No pain just bloating and extreme anxiety!!! Anyone find any answers or things I can ask my doctor to check for?

i know this is a very late reply, but there are many people who will be reading this forum, even years later. i've had my period for about 5+ weeks now, and it's been full on every single day, sometimes it's brown blood / that icky clotted stuff, and sometimes it eases up for like a single day, but nah. and i've been to my doctor and im getting tested for some disorders that run in my family (one of which is protein s and c deficiencies in the blood - these proteins help to 'thin' the blood or something?) idk, but also PCOS or Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, and my doctor informed me, that actually, around 25% of women have cysts on their ovaries! and most of the time it doesn't mean anything, and they don't cause any harm... of course, sometimes they do cause harm, and lead to like, huge hormone imbalances, and other stuff.