I went to see a doc for this ugly problem I have with my eyes and now I am diagnosed with blepharitis. I think she took some sample of my eyelids just to see what have cause my blepharitis and after the results I’ll possibly be prescribed some treatment. I never heard of this blepharitis condition for I never had such problem with my eyes I can’t even open my eyelids at mornings, they are swallowed and red and so itchy that I could scrub them at the moments. So could I expect this blepharitis to vanish soon for I can’t even put my make-up on anymore?

Well, it’s more likely that you occasionally are about not to be able to wear make up. I know it for I am also diagnosed with blepharitis and it never goes away for good it relapses for once you had it usually become chronic. And avoid wearing eye make-up for the hygiene is here very important and sometimes it might happen not to have much to put make-up on for the eyelashes may fall off. Anyway that sample your doc took from your eyelids skin are about to show what have caused you get blepharitis. In my case the cause was sty- bacterial infection that develops in the eyelashes root but there’re also some other causes like chronic pink eye, cornea injury, dry eyes and chalazion. So there’s no much you can do except taking antibiotics especially in cases where rosacea or dandruff are cause to blepharitis and in such cases curing these causes also the blepharitis might be treated successfully but even than blepharitis might reoccur. There’re some self-help steps you may take to provide less chances for blepharitis to relapse- you need to keep warm compresses on your eyes for about 10 min twice a day and then you need to completely clean root eyelashes area with 2 drops of neutral shampoo and than rinse it with warm water. This is the way in which I have control over my blepharitis I now it is boring but it helps a lot.

Hello guys, I have had blepharities for years now! I have tried everything can some one help me please the doctors just push it of because they can't help no more then I can please can some one help me. Thanks Anna :)

annamarie wrote:

First things first, you should know that once you get it it will most likely become chronic and keep recurring for life. This sounds depressing I know! I've had it since the age of 13 and It took doctors 2 and a half yeas to diagnose it so I got terrible scarring on my lower and middle eye which has affected my eye sight permanently. But 2-3 times a day I boil some hot water, let it cool then add a small amount of Baby shampoo to one of the glasses (leave the other glass with just the water), then wash the infected eye with cotton buds. Even when your eye isnt red still keep up the washing because this can make the time between the recurrences longer. I also have a lubricant eye drop that helps a lot with itchiness, un comfortableness, burning and even the red itself. I do wear make up but ONLY when my eye is white and not during and episode of the blepharitis. I find my eye reacts badly to eye liner so I try to avoid that when i can but i find eye shadow and mascara is grand. I buy hyper-allergenic eye liner and eye shadow when I have to use and I use hyper-allergenic eye makeup remover which is fantastic!

I've learnt to live wiht Blepharitis and remember that there's always someone with a worse condition than you! ;) Good luck!
P.S WASHING IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP!