New Reply New Topic Followed by 17 people

Hello, I have a large white blister on my upper lip that came on suddenly. It hurts quite a bit and it pretty swollen. The thing is that it does not look like a cold sore or a fever blister and I have never had one before. I just had oral surgery to remove my wisdom teeth a few days ago...Could this be related? Does anyone know what the hell this could be? :-(

I started with this about 6yrs ago. I've been to the dr's and he doesnt really know what it is. Infact, one came up on my lip yesterday. I had one 6mos ago prior. I wish I knew what the hell it was because that sucker becomes VERY painful.

Good Luck!
Cathi

Hi
i had the same problem. it sounds like a cold sore. You can start getting cold sores at any age. It does not have to be when child, it can be when you are 40.
Cold sores look different every time so be aware for that.
you can get some cream to speed up the process but besides that its up to your body.
Hope this helped

Dude, I was just at the dentist's office yesterday and I got a cavity filled up. They numbed me and whatnot and I guess my mouth was really dry when they were fixing my teeth, so a cut formed. They pretty much tore my lip skin open, lol. So when I got home, I went to my friend's house. Throughout the whole time I was at his house, I kept like picking at my cut and touching it. I guess a blister formed over night from picking at it. Idk If this helps you, but that's probably why mine formed. I am trying to find a little cure for it, but whenever I Google search "How to get rid of lip blisters", it only comes up as "herpes" or "cold sores". I am positive I'm not sick and I don't have herpes either because I haven't kissed anyone since the beginning of this month. I also don't really share drinks with anyone. This whole thing formed pretty much at the dentist. I have your same problem pretty much.

Reply back to me.

Thanks

I just had my wisdom teeth removed 2 weeks ago, 4 days ago I received a blister on my top lip. Its sore, filled with puss and doesn't seem to be healing. It almost looks like a pimple! I hate to break it to you but it might very well be a cold sore, or "fever blister". If you had the teeth surgically removed the strain on your immune system from surgery as well as the antibiotics following can really bring down your body's guard. Even if you have never had one it can show it's ugly head at a time like this. I haven't had a cold sore in years, and I take daily medication to prevent them.....I got one after my surgery anyway. Don't pop it or mess with it whatever you do. If it goes away in 10 days....I suggest you take proper precautions to never get one again. Wear sunscreen on you lips, take vitamins to keep your immune defense strong, and if you get a fever....don't be surprised if it pops up in the exact same spot. If you are still in denial of the possibility, go to a Dr. and they can even give you a prescription to speed up the healing. Good Luck!!

My daughter just went to the dentist and after she came home i noticed her lower left lip was swollen! I thought it was an allergic reaction, now I know better! It kind of looked like a blister, anyway in the middle of the nite it must've popped cuz' it had a whitish yellow spot instead! It was a pretty large area,at least a half inch in size!She's 6 yrs old but told me the tube that sucks saliva from her mouth suctioned on her lip! When I called to see if there was anything I could do about it cuz' i was worried that it was infected, they said it mustve been from her biting it! I told them there were no marks(like blood or broken skin) which normally occurs during a lip bite! If she had bit it so hard that it was caused to swell up, there should have been blood from breaking the skin and such , right? Anyway I'm not buying it!!!!! :'( :'(

That's so strange! I recently got all four of my wisdom teeth removed and I developed two blister-like formations on my upper lip and I wasn't sure what to think of it. At first I thought it was because of the dry blood on my lips that I would wake up with due to the procedure, but after reading this I am convinced it may just be my immune system working overtime.

I read on a site that you can get blisters on your mouth or around your lips from an allergic reaction to something. it sounds like maybe theres something at the dentists office that could quite possibly causing people to react! i dont know, but I do know that my boyfreind has been getting blisters on his lips too, and it can't be herpes cause I'm not getting them... I believe its an allergic reaction to something hes using. and I believe that maybe this could be your issue too.

Any sore that looks like a pimple but you think is NOT a cold sore should be immediately tested for a possible MRSA infection which can be very seriious. MRSA is a very contagious bacterial infection that you can get from anything...public door handles, hospitals, and Im sure dentist offices also! What makes it serious is that it is resistant to many antibiotics so it's important to get the actual sore/pus cultured to determine what antibiotics if any can erradicate this infection before it spreads and gets worse. See a doctor immediately!

I got a small and I mean small cut from my fingernail on the edge of my lip. It swelled up over night and then blistered. I was freaking out. I put campho phenique on it. It dried it out hardened up, scabbed and is healing. I know for a fact I don't have sexual related herpes on my lips so it just must be how that stuff heals.

I was just at the dentist yesterday for some impressions to get partials made and the nurse was pulling my lips out and over the gooey plates that harden. When I left I had noticed the corners of my lips felt raw and sore, so I put chapped stick on them and went about my day assuming it was caused by her pulling on them too hard. Well as the day went on the corners of my lips on the inside started to swell then eventually they started turning into big white blisters. I went to the Dr. to have it looked and turns out it was a allergic reaction to the latex gloves the nurse was using while pulling on my lips. They gave me prednasone (not sure the spelling) (pred-na-zone) to counter act the reaction and some vicodin for the pain and told me to place a warm wet wash cloth on it to draw the fluids out and bring the swelling down. I have the same reaction with the latex tape they use for wounds. It leaves blisters behind and looks like I was burnt by something. Hope this helps with your question!

Ok some people are so ignorant when it comes to herpes "I know it's not herpes because I'm not getting it". Do your research people! A person can have herpes and NEVER get a symptom just passing it along to everyone they make contact with. Herpes is not always sexually transmitted, people can get it when they are children, my 5 year old son gets cold sores. Skin to skin contact people! Cold sores don't always attack in the same place or look the same way, they don't always hurt sometimes they just itch. You can even transmit cold sores from your mouth to your genitals yourself. Most people don't know that someone with HSV2 (Genital Herpes) can give it to them via oral sex, yes you can get "genital herpes" on your face and vice versa. It's a wicked little virus... that 90% of Americans have. So if your questioning what something is, quit worrying about the embarrassment of it all and just go get it looked at. You're certainly not alone.

ok so seems like we are all having te same problem. About 2 years ago i went to the dentist to have a tooth out then the next day i got this lump right in the middle of my top lip. the dentist never cut my lip or anything so dont know why it appeared. It looks like a blister but desnt feel as squidgey as one. Since then i get tis lump every few months and sometimes it only lasts a few hours other times it lasts days. I have never known anyone to hae this problem so is a relief coming on here to see im not the only one. I woke up this morning to find i have one yet again.  I wonder where there coming from and it seems weird that alot of people get them after going to the dentist. I laugh about it and say t people ive got a beak but im actually now sick of them because when i go out people look at me like im a freak.

Guest wrote: have you tried getting checked to see if its a staff infection from when  you got your wisdom teeth taken out??? It happened to me and as you know staff infection doesnt go away ever. I had gotten my wisdom teeth taken out by a private doctor so he was reputable but what the hospital told me was the only way i had gotten it was form them not using clean supplies even though i seen most stuff come out of packages it happened and till this day my lip out of no where or when i bite it it gets swollen and hurts pretty dam bad.  

Hello, I have a large white blister on my upper lip that came on suddenly. It hurts quite a bit and it pretty swollen. The thing is that it does not look like a cold sore or a fever blister and I have never had one before. I just had oral surgery to remove my wisdom teeth a few days ago...Could this be related? Does anyone know what the hell this could be?

i have the same exact thing on my lip right now, i have no idea what it is,

i woke up this morning and went to smoke a ciggerette and seen it was there,

i have been freaking out trying to figure out what it is, due to the fact that i

have had a staph infection on my face before, Reply back and tell me how

long it took to go away?