Hi Maya

My whole family & extended family have had exactly the same bug. I took herbs for the constipation which really helped. The nausea keeps coming back & it has been 2 weeks already. 

Everything I eat gives me acid reflux & on the whole I am a pretty healthy eater! I also have an increased amount of muscle pain so the infection must be general.

Had a bit of a stomach bug after Easter, but nothing too debilitating.  Just a bit of lethargy, minor nausea, and lack of appetite for 3-4 days.  Now I think I've finally shaken it, as my energy and appetite is back to normal.  I'm an advanced weight lifter and am used to eating a certain amount of calories each day.  These last two days, although I have no trouble getting the food down, I am extremely bloated to the point of discomfort after each meal.  Also the gas, oh god the gas.  Anyways just curious if there was any actual medical reason for this... I can only imagine it's just the remnants of whatever the bug was, but something abnormal for me.

Same thing happened to me! I'm on day 4. My flu symptoms are gone but the bloating, irregular bowl, and stomach discomfort is holding on strong. I going to work on my diet and drink lots of liquids to see if that helps at all. 

Exactly the same as me :( Im so bloated and gassy. It just won't come out. Ugh.

This is amazing!!! In December, I had the stomach virus for 2 days, with nausea and vomiting. Ever since than, I am so bloaded and constantly have problems with constipation. I still have an appetite,but whenever I eat my stomach is immediatly full and within an hour my abdomen looks like I am 5 months pregnant. Ieat mainly healthy and drink tons of water to no avail. This was a nasty stomach virus that hit the United States this year. I am a nurse and have never heard of being sooooo constipated for months after having a stomach virus.

I had a stomach illness, I think possible food poisoning, almost 2 weeks ago, however I still have little appetite and have had the odd bout of sickness and diarrhoea since. I can't work out why this is. I really have to force myself to eat and am barely on one meal a day. Any ideas of what I can do or why this is happening. Thanks

Yes ... that's why I'm on the internet trying to find out if there is something I can do about it. My doctor said to take Gas X which I have been doing for the last 2 months but there is no relief from the gas. I am a woman and do not have a lot of gas and this unexpectedly comes out without warning. I also had the "acid reflux". Is there anything we can do to cure this. I was thinking may CIPRO would help but can't get my doctor to prescribe anything.

6 days ago I started with a nagging headache, fatigue, and malaise. I thought the headache was causing upset stomach (I don't suffer from migraines). Later that 1st night I vomited once and headache immediately went away. Slept on and off the next 2 days and had watery diarrhea and stomach pains which lasted about 30 hours. Then I broke out in HIVES!!! still have a few hives each day but less than when they started. I've only had 1 normal bowel movement and a couple loss ones - but watery diarrhea is gone. The recovery seems SLOW! Help!!! Has anyone else had this experience???

Eat a high fiber diet..... fruits, vegetables, ban cereal, drink lots of water( possibly Gatorade/ POWERADE). Consider mixing Psyllum Husk with water to drink 3 times a day until you feel better. Avoid bread, apples, bananas, nuts. You should tell your family so they can guide you further. If that doesn't help in a day or two then see a doctor.

My dr put me on miralax I take it everyday til I am back to normal for awhile at least. And he also had me take Metamucil with it. It helped I feel so much better now. Good luck

Oh my, three days so sick on bread and water! Distended stomach and still in pain, but horrible accompanying symptoms did stop!

I would definitely start her on some probiotics. Acidophilus & Bifido Bacteria to help restore the natural intestinal flora lost due to virus. My favorite is Bluebonnet powder if you can find it, as kids love the taste. Any brand will do though, just be sure to buy from a health food store where it's been kept refrigerated, as it's live bacteria & must be kept cold.

Hi Im currently going through the exact same think you are. For the acid reflux the only thing that has worked for me is Prilosec it also helped me sleep because im in constant pain. For the constipation. I drank ton of gatorade and i would take little bite of soft food like macncheese or ramen chew it up real good then wash it down with little drinks. Then ill wait ten or so mins and repeat. Hope this helps Bev

I also am having many of these symptoms. For those experiencing pain, I have found a heating pad at night helps me to get to sleep.