Hi, I have a problem. I am experiencing bleeding from the nose very often. It is not caused by any mechanical injury. Mostly my problem occurs in the morning when I get out of the bed. I am very worried because a friend of mine told me that this could be a sign of some kind of blood vessel disease. Could you tell me what can be the cause of my problem? Could my friend be right?

Hi, nose bleedings are very common. They are mostly a result of some irritations and are not life threatening. Nose is rich with small blood vessels. The inside of the nose can be dried with air inhaled which can develop crusts that bleed when rubbed or picked. Most nosebleeds occur in the nose tip. The ones developed deeper in the nose are harder to control. However, this condition may be a result of serious illnesses. Bleeding disorder, high blood pressure and arteriosclerosis are some of them. Also, it can be genetic. Hemorrhagic telangiectasia is a heritable illness expressed with nosebleeds. Do not worry too much. In order to find out if there is some other illness that causes your nose blood vessels to bleed, you should pay a visit to the doctor and he will determine your condition and, if necessary, the right course of treatment.

millard wrote:

Thank you for this information. There are people alking about. They assume what broken blood vessels are: have no knowledge of the subject.