Celebrity

Hey,

This is a somewhat embarrassing problem, but I'll use plain language and hope that someone can help me out. 

I've had what I believe must be boils on my butt for many, many years on and off, since I was a teenager. They tend to be rather painful, especially when pressure is applied, and this will happen while simply sitting of course.

At one point, I began to be interested in healthier lifestyle choices, including exercise and a mainly meatless diet. Sure enough, though that was not what I was going for, the boils went away and I assumed that was why. 

Over the last year or two, I have become slightly chubbier and haven't had much time for exercise either. The boils came back, despite healthy eating. Maybe it is because I sit around much more these days? I don't know. In any case, they keep coming back and sometimes there are many. They look and feel awful. 

What can I do to treat these boils on my butt?

Rosie

have you seen a doctor for them

Celebrity
Honestly, I haven't seen a doctor about these boils on my butt, no. I am a great believer in natural remedies, and when I first had these boils it simply didn't occur to me to get medical help for them. At this stage, I am still hoping that I can send them packing by using natural remedies, making a change in my diet, or something along those lines. They are uncomfortable and I do want to get rid of these boils, but I have not really seen them as something that requires a doctor.

Do you think I should see one? Don't you think natural things can help me get rid of these boils on my butt?

Health Advisor
You know hun, I do respect your way of looking at things and I'm all for DIY-ing it where possible as well. For boils, which honestly I think I had one on my neck once though it might just have been a real bad pimple as well, I think I'd try the warm compress method which you see recommended quite often, and then perhaps honey, which is a natural antibacterial agent. I only suggest that because topical antibiotics are often the recommended medical treatment... so if that doesn't work, then yeah, go see your GP for sure. If I had that, it would affect my whole body image, not to mention the pain of actually sitting on boils all the time. Get rid of them however you can, including with allopathic treatments, Rosie.

Use chemical wart remover to burn off the boils. Then apply iodine and powdered bone - todry the area.

Yes. That's good advice Guest. I would use 1 part seaweed based beauty serum to 10 parts strong iodine solution.

hey rosie ,im a strong beliver of natural remedies too ,depending on how bad they are ,imean if they get infected ,or get worst then yea i would see a doc,i think your right ,i think diet and exercises ,is imporant too ,which i do that too,i use some natural remedy my self ,at least to try first ,before i run to the doc,i dont like to see docs ha ha ,but some guest have provided some remidies ,you might try them ,but ive never heard of them

Hmm... I don't know anything about you but the "many, many years" comment leads me to believe you're not in your teens or twenties anymore. That's what I would be concerned about. Boils have a way of showing up in younger women, which usually has something to do with hormonal imbalances, estrogen and the like, so if you were younger I'd say soak them and use tea tree oil in your sitz bath, but if you are in your forties or beyond, I'd be more concerned and I'd definitely see a doctor to make sure you don't have some underlying hormonal problem and to get a prescription for your boils.

Celebrity

Oooh, it's always exciting to come back to a topic you posted a burning question on and to notice several helpful replies! Thanks, guys!

I'll try to respond in order. 

Is compound W or something similar really safe for boils? And if you have any experience with this, guest, do you apply it yourself? I can't imagine asking my husband to put wart remover on my butt. It's rather passion killing, LOL!

Last guest, what hormonal problems can be associated with boils in particular? I don't know much about this, really. Like I said, I tried to ignore them. 

I am still looking for more possible options but yes, if I can find nothing I will definitely see a doctor as these boils are ugly and cause quite a bit of discomfort. 

Rosie

Celebrity

You know, home treatment is a completely realistic option for most boils. Boils might be unpleasant and disgusting, but they are not uncommon and are usually not complicated either. The fact that you say that these boils keep on coming makes me wonder if it is time to see a doctor after all, though, because that isn't exactly meant to happen and could be the sign of Hidradenitis suppurativa, which is a more chronic condition. You might benefit from antibiotics, and you need a prescription to get those. If you do have that, the boils will not go away by themselves and getting treatment sooner rather than later is best.  

Rising Star

I've never had boils myself. I might have had them when I was smaller, but I'm not sure if they were just pimples. I do have a friend that had boils. She got rid of them. The first way you can get rid of boils is Turmeric. All you have to do is mix it with ginger. Then you should apply this mixture to the boil. Another way uses Tea Tree Oil. All you have to do is put a drop of it on the boil. This works very effectively. My friend used it and in a matter of days, the boil disappeared.  I really hope your boils go away. I hope that at least one of these tips will help you. Good Luck :).

Celebrity

I just wanted to pop by here as well and say I feel for you. :( That is a nasty problem to be dealing with, and on such a sensitive and important part of your body as well!

I think you're looking at using natural treatments (lots suggested already) as complementary to medical treatment. Repeated boils are not normal and you are not dealing with a routine boil like many people sometimes get if they keep coming back. You need a doctor. Lioness is thinking what I am thinking, you might even have Hidradenitis Suppurativa. Look up the symptoms and see if they match. (Most cases don't look like what you'd see on Google Images.)

Celebrity
Hey Lioness,

How would I know if I had Hidradenitis suppurativa? I really do not think it's that, because that tends to happen in the armpit or groin area, right? These boils of mine are really right on my butt, the part I sit on, not towards the perineum but right on the fleshy portion of the butt.

These boils are rather frustrating so of course I have been reading, and I think they might be caused by sitting too often, pressure in other words. What do you think?

Rosie