Someone please help me. I am a 26 year old who has been ashamed of my body for YEARS. It affects my sex life and I am married. Most girls have problems with their labia minora, but I was born without the inside lips. I only have outside lips, and they are HUGE. They are super swollen looking and protrude through my clothes. Any advice on what I can do ? I am desperate.

You are the only other person that I have known to have the same problem as me. I always realized other women were different, but didn't pinpoint the difference until recently. I was born without labia minora. I've tried to research this problem and can't find anything about it. Does anyone know what causes this or if anything can be done about it?

I am 27, and was also born w/o a labia minora and am very insecure about it. My outter lips are huge, but that's all that is there. I am actually researching surgery to have it fixed - or something done where it will look "normal". I am married, but still feel uncomfortable getting naked. My husband makes comments about my vagina. I know he also thinks it's odd that I don't have inner lips. Is there surgery for this? I hope so! So far I haven't found anything to help me

My girlfriend is also born without inner labias and her clitoris is complete " built in". it never shows and is not hidden behind a fold as it is said on thousand places on the net, its permanent. And the internet is full of information about redusing inner labias but not a single side about being born without inner labias and what can be done about that. why? Is there anything that can be done? Im sure some doctor must have seen this once before and can tell. Must say that my girlfriend has no problem with orgasm but it is only as it was said before just to look like everybody else and be comfortable with your own body.

I had labiaplasty to reduce an enlarged inner labia on one side about 10 years ago. The surgeon completely removed both labia and I am left with just the clitoral hood. The pain from the scarring has not gone away to this day and wearing jeans is difficult if they rub on the scarred bits.

I have had a lot of relationships but I never fully relax because i feel like a freak now.

Do you guys really care what it looks like or just what it feels like - would it put you off if someone had no labia.

It would be good to get some opinions. This has really affected my life and relationships because I am so self consious.

southerngal3 wrote:

If you want a guy's opinion...to be pefectly honest I don't even know if we would notice. Seriously. No guy out there care one bit about how perfectly formed a labia minora is, or for that matter even know WHAT one is. I'm not kidding. You're perfectly fine.

Really Us Guys Dont Really care About What It Looks Like You Are All Fine The Way You Are Dont Be Too Insecure To Walk Around And Feel Diffrent Its Fine We Dont Even Pay That Much Focsh To It

I was born with no labia minora either, the majora is bigger but not huge. Also, I have no hood to cover my clit. I still enjoy sex and some of my partners stared at my vagina and actually said that they liked the way it looked better. My clit is not covered at all and is very sensitive. I think it is a good thing

I have tried to find other vaginas that looked like mine and have not found any.

hiii all i am 19 right now and i was not borne without labia minora, but about 5 years ago i had a really bad infection in my Vagina. one night i woke up for pee and i realized that my i am not able for pee because my whole vagina was closed somehow so to open that i had surgery and during that surgery Dr. removed my labia minora because it was also infected so now i have no labia minora, but i really want to know is there going to be any problem in my sex life?

hi i'm sarah , 4 months ago i made the most ironic move in my whole life. Not only did a drown i went so under. I remember never asking questions.and to think seconds before, laying down to have the surgery i said "cut as much skin as you can off". I'm 23 and can't possibly be that dumb to not know how important they are . My doctor pushed me out of the room when i was in angry tears 6 weeks after operation . It is painful that now the clit is hanging out of the hood its like two little electic points that need the clitoral hood skin covering it.. I can't orgasam and after i do is painful and more bigger looking swallon .i am the same. I've been googling ..and googling trying to find anything that can solve this operation labia reduction . . Can a doctor reverse labia reduction. Is it possible for a sex change surgeon to fix this. .. Help

23 years old. 4 months ago i had an operation to cut my labia . The doctor cut all my lips off and around my clitoral hood . Leaving my clit hanging it out of the hood . Its painful and becomes very swallon especially after sex which is now so much harder to enjoy. This has changed my life . I have searched and nothing about this operation being reversed . Is there anyone thats knows anything about getting plastic surgery to re attach upper and lower lips . Help

Some words from a guy who really loves the clam :)

All the girls I've been with has had different vaginas. Most of them with bigger labia minora, slightly visible when standing. A few had much bigger l.minoras, also just a few had the clamshell look with very small or no inner lips and I just have to say I really love the ones with small/no inner lips the most. They look so gorgeus and inviting and feels so amazing :P

A while ago when i partied with my friends (all male) we talked about this subject. It seemed like most of us had the same opinion, that the vaginas with bigger outer lips and very small inner lips are rare and pure eyecandy.
 Just a few had the oposite opinion "the bigger the better".  But the most important thing here is that as long as the vagina belongs to the girl you love, it doesnt matter AT ALL whatever it looks like. Not one bit.
 So to all of you girls who are self consious about your tiny or invisible labia minora,, congrats you are all lucky ones! 

Now Im very lucky to be in love with a wonderful girl who happens to have the most beautiful thing. But before we met she was also very self consious about her vagina and her almost invisible inner lips. After Ive told her how much I really really love her perfect clam and how beutiful she is so now she really loves all parts of herself:) 

I'm a guy, and I can tell you... I had a girlfriend once who had no labia minora. I wish all vaginas looked like that. Rest assured, ladies. You are blessed.

I'm with the other men who think that little to no labia minora is the more attractive type.

I've had bad luck and found myself struggling in relationships because I find myself turned off by large inner labia, and it seems like that's all I run across. Unfortunately it takes a lot of work before I see what a woman has to offer, so selection of a mate is extremely difficult. I wish I cared less, and cared more what her nose or her breasts looked like, but I can't simply wish away what I find attractive.

I'm sure I can wind up loving a girl and being attracted to her despite her large inner labia, but I can't help that I'll forever be slightly disappointed in that aspect. I've heard it is a simple procedure to reduce them, but I'd never suggest modification to a woman.

I can't say exactly why I find them unattractive while other people do, but one thought that crosses my mind is this: labia minora look and feel like the skin of men's testicles. They very well might be unripe nut sacks, developmentally. I don't think my own testicles are pretty, and I definitely don't want to find myself sucking on my girlfriend's balls.

I stumbled upon this discussion as I am a women who also has no labia minora. I didn't want reassurance as I don't have any issues with how I look, but I was just wondering how common it is. I think that since most medical diagrams and photographs include the labia minora, I was unsure if I was a very small minority, I guess the only way of knowing is asking my gynecologist.

I digress...

The reason I wanted to comment is that although the men on this discussion have good intentions, calling women with large labia minora unattractive is the wrong way to go. I think the porn culture has distorted our view of what is actually perfectly normal. Vulvas come in all shapes, colours and sizes and all are beautiful in their own way. Hopefully as time goes by, this will be taught to everyone in the early stages of life.