Recent research confirmed that 16 people died from Botox and similar injection drugs and 4 of them were children. Death occurred when drug spread into the vital organs. Botox is a neurotoxin that has ability to relax muscles and patients should be aware that by using this injections they are at risk. Scientists who developed Botox claim that they are aware of adverse reactions but say that they are very rare and since many patients who use Botox are seriously ill it can not be proven that Botox was cause of death in those cases.

Botox is best known as a wrinkle remover but it is also used to treat cervical dystonia which is a painful knotting of neck muscles. Injection are used to relieve sometimes disabling pain for weeks and months. Spots in the neck where injection are given are very close to esophagus and they can cause partial paralysis which can lead to swallowing problems.
Study found that only one person who died took botox for cosmetic treatment and the others suffered from muscle problems or something else. Some researchers say that these people died only because they were nor aware of the risks that these injections have on people’s health.

Botox is injected in over a million people in the us every year. You'd think that something dangerous would cause more problems than isolated case reports. The fact is that in large amounts, as in spastic muscle disorders, botox can be higher risk. However, there has never been a death associated with typical cosmetic botox injection, despite millions of uses! That's certainly better than penicillin, aspirin, or ibuprofen!

Yeah, I wouldn't get botox either, unless it was medically necessary or could greatly improve my quality of life. The word "botox" has become associated with anti-wrinkle injections, with looking more youthful. But is Botox safe? It only really takes looking at its real name, Botulinum Toxin Type A, the same thing that causes BOTULISM -- which kills -- to realize it isn't necessarily safe at all. 

Another issue is botox being injected by unqualified providers. I've heard that even hair dressers do it sometimes. Yeah, no. Think before you have anything injected for cosmetic reasons, folks, and read up about possible side effects!!!

It is hard to believe the number of people who are playing Russian Roulette with Botox.
to inject a known toxin into your body over and over again every 3 - 6 months it is inevitable side effects will occur.
For any doctor to dismiss for the sake of making money is a sad state of affairs.
the FDA stated in an open letter to Botox Cosmetics
the well documented data from the clinical trials showing “almost one-half of all BOTOX® COSMETIC subjects exhibited adverse events” needs to be fully disclosed to anyone who is thinking about BOTOX® injections.

When people are armed with the truth they can make a wise decision.
Buyer Beware.

Anyone ever used botox injection to suppress penile erections and inhibit libido?!!
I heard that a college student who was a compulsive masturbater, got it...to help him focus on his exams. Seems it worked for months.

Guest wrote:

Buyer Beware.

I'm interested in the side effects, even minor ones, of side effects...and trying to build up a picture of exactly what those side effects are, even if they're minor.

Botox gave me a headache - thankfully it was only temporary, but I was struck by the lack of information on this and I'm interested in other people who've had similar experiences.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***

lucky29 wrote:

I CAN TELL YOU THAT I CURRENTLY HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM FULL BLOWN BOTULISM FOR THE LAST 17 MONTHS AFTER AN INJECTION OF BOTOX. IT WASN'T MY FIRST INJECTION - BUT IT IS MY LAST. AFTER SUBSTANTIAL RESEARCH AND LEGAL INVESTIGATION THE MANUFACTURER HAS KEPT THE REAL RISKS OF BOTOX FROM THE PUBLIC FOR TWENTY YEARS. ALTHOUGH DOCS ARE SUPPOSED TO GIVE YOU THE UPDATED VERSION WHICH DISCUSSES BOTULISM THEY DON'T DO IT. BELIEVE ME - I KNOW WHY PEOPLE DIED FROM THIS DISEASE AS I ALMOST DID WHEN I STOPPED BREATHING.

I also had problems breathing and very very strong caughing the same night I got injected, like astma attack. This was the first time and only by now, the symthoms only lasted a couple of days but was very scary, I got injected very little, only in the space between the eyebrows and in a very expensive clinic with doctor (700€). I am very scared with your comments I hate my ride but this is really serious girls...what the hell is society doing to us to commit this crazyness, what are we doing to ourselves..?? :(

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

I am 8 months out and still sick! Botox is a horrible toxin!!! Many more people are sick than we know! Doctors, from lack of training and research, tell  the adverse effects they are experiencing are not related to the Botox. Please join us in a fight against Botox! We need as many sufferers to join hands with that we can get! Please email me for instructions. I hope time has found you all in good health!

Carly

I had 70 units of botox injections in my eyes for blepharospam and i was diagnosed with dysphasia, myalgia and myositis, also tyroid problem after many doctor exams an tests.. I can't open my right eyes, it damage my cranial nerves, and i have my left adrenal gland removed, the botox went into my bloodstream, i have been suffering for almost 2 years from the side effect of this horrible toxins. The doctors won't tell anything this can happen because they need to protect their practice.

hi carly hit did'nt like by accident i did like your comment BOTOX IS A BAD DRUG BOTOX gave me nerve sheeth tumors

Has anyone else gotten nerve tumors where botox was injected? I have had major surgery to remove the nerve cell tumor (granular) right on the area of my forehead where it was injected! Dr says not related but I just know It is?? Anyone else out there??

Serious studies needed, Botox injections over long period of time==Dementia or worse. Projected studies hundreds over 65 to have this. Can you PROVE botox is not a factor? Really, injecting POISON????

Very interested in your post. Been having problems since my 2nd session for migraines. Waiting on test results. Very bad migraines, facial numbness, vertigo, blurry vision, etc.

If you are experiencing adverse side effects, please report them to the FDA. Botox's long term effects have not been studied and the FDA goes on evidence supplied to them to protect the public. The majority of the evidence and studies come from drug manufactures. The FDA needs to hear our voice. 

Call them about your side effects and let them know what Botox really does: 888-INFO-FDA