I have a question regarding bronchitis and chest pain-it is about my little son who was very seek these days-he was coughing and wheezing and he even stayed out of breath until finally he got diagnosed 3 days ago with bronchitis. Anyway he started with his treatment right away after he is being diagnosed and though he is not prescribed antibiotics for this is some viral bronchitis about for he takes some over-the-counter cough meds and though his symptoms are somewhat relieved he is still complaining on the chest pain. Actually I wonder if this chest pain could be sign of some other lung or heart condition and not only the bronchitis symptom.

I think that this chest pain your son is complaining about is in fact his bronchitis related and since this is some viral bronchitis it usually takes about 10 days to disappear and if this chest pain persists afterwards than maybe you could take him to another exam just to make sure this chest pain isn't related to some more serious condition but I don't think it is likely. Anyway having bronchitis usually means that the patient is coughing up some yellowish or greenish mucus produced by his airways and when this mucus is accumulated each cough condition may actually result in chest pain sensation.